where is everyone?

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: where is everyone?

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Wed May 04, 2011 3:21 pm

Baron wrote:Yes, when we were asked to volunteer to help control the spam I thought that meant we would have the ability to remove it whenever we saw it, but that was not the case. Perhaps it was supposed to be and it didn't happen/work?

Does anyone including the Webmaster have the ability to delete Spam or is the Webmaster also locked out from deleting? I also noticed that "members" generating Spam recently do not appear on the overall Member list. Is this because an automated program is detecting spam generation and blocking the "member" from generating future spam, because the Webmaster is taking some action manually against the generator, or because the Spam generators have taken control of the board?

In the past when most of these Spam generators become a "member" the user profile information entered in the registration is obvious that they should not be allowed to be admitted as members - usually no K car information, etc. We should incorporate a manual screen on new members before allowing a new member to post - like most other forums do.

As for access to different section it seems to be function as to whether or not you are logged in. If you are not logged in you can view all the sections in the forum. If you are logged in you cannot view the technical sections at the bottom of the main forum page.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Re: where is everyone?

Postby duked » Sat May 07, 2011 10:06 pm

i think 88aries is talking about a modified main page i threw together that we sent to Charles. all i made on Justin's forum was the logo at the top. i changed the formatting a bit and made it a little easier to read and fixed some of the links.
duked

Car Information: 1986 aries se

Previous

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects