Banned at Cruise Night

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Banned at Cruise Night

Postby 1of10K » Thu May 05, 2011 11:21 am

Yesterday was the weekly cruise night at one of the local McDonalds. I went there, my first time ever, with the '82 Reliant. Got to the lot and parked. Right away, one of the organizers came up to me and said the parking was for "show cars only" and that I should move or "use the drive-thru". Kind of surprised, as there were many much newer cars there, but of course they were Mustangs, PT Cruisers, and a late model Ford Crown Vicky (a former police car) that had the big spinner rims.
Decided that I would just go home, rather than be a part of this type of thing, hopefully the rest of the car season will go better!
1of10K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Reliant Spring Special Coupe

Re: Banned at Cruise Night

Postby nszotovich » Thu May 05, 2011 1:04 pm

Dealing with this kind of prejudice is something you get used to. conformity is what the majority fall into, like lemmings into the sea. Be glad you are an individual thinker. Anyone who doesn't recognize the merits of an 82 Reliant has had too much McDonalds junk food floating in their brain. Junk in - junk out! I don't think they are people you want to hang out with anyway.

:D All the best for the coming season. Stand tall!
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Postby 88 aries » Thu May 05, 2011 4:50 pm

That wasn't nice of him. I havent been to a cruise night yet, but people in my area are very friendly and its mostly older cars..
88 aries

Postby Baron » Thu May 05, 2011 5:16 pm

Next time take any awards, decals, etc., that shows you have been in car shows- and maybe even won, if that is the case- and show him it IS a show car. That ought to shut him, or anyone else, up.

But you're probably right, it's probably best to just go and leave them in their ignorance.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Thu May 05, 2011 5:29 pm

I think you are right just to leave. There are enough events around where your car will be welcomed and appreciated.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby 89ARIES » Thu May 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Knowing myself, I would have told him my car was rarer than his, and told him to stuff it and leave.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby 88 aries » Thu May 05, 2011 7:39 pm

If i were you id go back and whip out my hardware, Thats what I usually do when I go to a new show, I whip out all the trophies, the big and small. and I usually get alot of respect
88 aries

Postby MyDodgeDip » Thu May 05, 2011 11:23 pm

I took my old 79 dodge custom van to a show once and was getting waved into the normal parking lot. Drove right by and ignored them. :lol:
MyDodgeDip

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects