new/old tires for my 81 Reliant

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

new/old tires for my 81 Reliant

Postby 88 aries » Fri May 13, 2011 5:06 am

well the tires I got on the 81 are about 12 years old maybe, but they hold air and are not dry rotted, they give the car a super nice ride now, no more bouncy rough riding, its a solid firm car now. It also sits higher in the back as well with no more sag. while the tires were off I also cleaned off years of caked on dirt, sanded and repainted the rims front and back, also I used caliper paint for the brakes.
so heres my repair list of things that i have done to her.

New/used carpet
New tires
new air pump tube to cat
new mopar plug wires
mopar oil filter
new spark plugs
new exhuast hanger.
88 aries

Re: new/old tires for my 81 Reliant

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Fri May 13, 2011 1:40 pm

88 aries wrote:I used caliper paint for the brakes.

What's calipher paint? Is it a special paint resistant to DOT 3/ DOT 4 brake fluid? Or heat resistant. Or just matches the original metal color? I usually use a high heat spray like Krylon on the brake parts that get hot like the drums, etc. - which seems to last for a while. I have used POR-15 on brake parts where brake fluid may get on - it seems to be somewhat resistant. What do you use on the exhaust manifold? I have not found anything that seems to last very long.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Re: new/old tires for my 81 Reliant

Postby MyDodgeDip » Sat May 14, 2011 1:59 am

Caliper paint is just high heat. They make high temperature paint for exhaust manifolds/headers. I think POR-15 had a line for it as well.
MyDodgeDip

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects