So, what did you get done on your K today?

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

So, what did you get done on your K today?

Postby wjajr » Thu May 19, 2011 1:31 pm

This is intended to be a journal of any projects, repairs, upgrades, or maintenance performed on your car; major or minor.

Today I cleaned the LeBearon for an up coming show, and put the battery keeper on to freshen up its charge. This car has from new when I got it in May of 1982 been able to drain the battery in three weeks to the point that it will not start with out a boost.

To combat this condition, and to make an old car safe to have in a garage I have installed a negative battery cut-off switch to disconnect all electron flow when the car is not in use. It is the green knob type found at Wal-Mart for about seven bucks; cheep insurance for old wiring to repel the 12 V “Fire Gods”.

Bill
wjajr

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler Lebaron Mark Cross Convertible

Re: So, what did you get done on your K today?

Postby 88 aries » Thu May 19, 2011 10:06 pm

well so far ive, changed oil, removed the car covers, got all the dust off of them. My 1988 Aries 2.5 is getting repainted for the 2nd time now. so ya all is well in K world
88 aries

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Thu May 19, 2011 10:41 pm

Someone just requested information on repainting their K-car on another thread. Maybe you could elaborate on what you are doing on your repaint - in particular the type of paint you currently use or recommend.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Fri May 20, 2011 4:49 am

Well..just got the 88 Aries valve cover replaced and the PCV valve replaced as well as new wipers, wiper grommets and a new wiper motor, and new freeze plug right in behind the distributor....it has rusted thru...leak, leak, leak!!

the '86 Lebaron got new motor mounts, tires rotated and balanced, valve covers, a couple of new vacuum hoses.
Now ready to do a complete cleaning inside and out, a touch up of paint here and there and a good wax job and some dressing on the tires....but rain is in the forecast for the next 5 days...so that may not happen.

Its also going in next week to get the throttle body temp sensor replaced, and new shocks on back and a clamp put on the exhaust.....its banging around down there at times when ya come to a stop......driving me nuts. ha
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects