Crying in the junkyard

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: Crying in the junkyard

Postby RichG » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:10 pm

Look at the outstanding wheels on that thing! Very impressive.....
1984 Le Baron Convertible 2.2
2002 Ford Taurus
2004 Mazda 3 5-speed
RichG
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2.2

Postby Chief » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:05 pm

capev86 wrote: as for spending over 20 grand to restore a k car....that scares me as i'm in the same process with my k wagon. either there was nothing left of the body requiring a lot of metal work, you had a low-rider style paint job done, or you had every part gold plated......

My paint job, wheels and tires were over $10K by themselves, let alone the frame off restoration, going through the entire engine, heads ported and polished, etc., stroking it out to 155HP. Plus suspension, body work, etc. I don't know what type of restoration you're doing, but I can assure you that $20K was modest for all the work, time and effort that was put into mine. Those are custom built 1955 Chrysler Windsor wire wheels, built in a FWD application, and they were over $1K each to build, plus the Cadillac Vogue tires. So basically, I didn't cut any corners in reference to this project, it was first class all the way. It all depends on what you're going for, my K-Car is a show winner, and that's exactly what I was going for!

Chief
Last edited by Chief on Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Postby Chief » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:12 pm

RichG wrote:Look at the outstanding wheels on that thing! Very impressive.....

Thanks Rich, your kind words are appreciated, I will pass that along to the gentleman who built them, he was very proud of the finished product. :wink:

Chief
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Re: 81 Reliant dead

Postby 88 aries » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:04 pm

i was looking through the crushing pile and out of blue i see a white 81-83 reliant what a sad site, it was severely rusted, though. But atleast i snatched the grill from it, anyone want a mint 1981 reliant Grill.
88 aries

Re: 81 Reliant dead

Postby ReliantLV » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:20 am

88 aries wrote:But atleast i snatched the grill from it, anyone want a mint 1981 reliant Grill.

Me, me, me! Mine still looks like this...

However, it seems such a minor part right now, compared to all the other repairs that need to be done first. :(
ReliantLV
Car Fan

Car Information: 1981 Plymouth Reliant Custom 2-d. coupe

Postby 85TurboAries » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:56 am

i bought an 86 lancer and they ACCIDENTALY CRUSHED IT!!!!! 5 MINUTES BEFORE I GOT THERE!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :( :( :( :( so they replaced it with a 92 sundance w/2.5 turbo...i did take all the emblems and a few interior parts left (that i could reach to make the sundance look sorta like a mini lancer
1990 Grand Caravan
ASK ME ABOUT:
SMEC/SBEC Testing and Repairs
Adding a ROM port to SMEC/SBEC (for upgrades)
Radio Repairs
any other Electrical repairs needed
85TurboAries

Car Information: 1990 Dodge Grand caravan

Previous

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects