Best K-Car Story ever: For me and for you to enjoy.

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Best K-Car Story ever: For me and for you to enjoy.

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:29 am

1. Yesterday, I was scheduled to meet a seller of a 1987 Chrysler LeBaron Mark Cross 4dr Sedan K-Car, less than 10 mn from my house. When I got to the sellers house, the car was up on a jack, and his
buddy was attempting to remove the starter. The seller is a very nice Korean war veteran named William Vasquez. The car had died. The mechanic kept going on and on about what a pain this Chrysler was
to work on and the starter was located in a very tough, tight spot for him to remove. After hanging out for 30mn and watching the mechanic, I gave the seller my fliers and he told me to come by tommorrow as the car should be running. He also said he knew of someone with an 85 LeBaron that refuses to start at the American legion and he would share the information. 8-)

2. Today, I went back to the seller's house. The car was still up on the stand. After 20mn, and two days, the mechanic put in the starter, rebuilt, the original one from 1987. He lowered it and then I met
the seller's son, William Vasquez Jr. We took the car for a testdrive and I actually drove it. As I was heading north on Laurel Canyon, both of us were surprised. An EXACT copy of the car I was driving, an idential brown 87 LeBaron 4dr, came from the opposite direction. I knew that if I had been on my own with my K-car, I would have done a U-turn and followed. I knew not to do that in this case. 8-)

3. Right now, I am uploading the pics to craigslist. Anyone want to buy this LeBaron Mark Cross 4dr? Here are the pics. Also, check the cars for sales section:

https://picasaweb.google.com/chryslerkc ... rletaSale#
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Best K-Car Story ever: For me and for you to enjoy.

Postby 88 aries » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:02 am

whats the story about? seems more like a blog entry,

now my K stories are something else
88 aries

Postby 89ARIES » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:31 am

The story is about the people you meet, the cars you enjoy, and the beautiful weather. Good memories.
89ARIES

Postby 88 aries » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:09 am

sorry memories of my K-car childhood are better.....this is just about current days...
88 aries

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:01 am

Well, you can't live in the past. Its extremely special to me when I meet a K-car seller, and he turns out to be a WWII Veteran who saves antiques. Nobody cares or appreciates
our American Heritage and the K-cars are a part of that heritage. I have even made friends with sellers and sellers reluctant to sell have actually come to our events. Affordable, reliable cars with a touch of class. Long live the CKCC and I say watch out for evil C.A.R.B.
89ARIES

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects