The begining Part 1

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

The begining Part 1

Postby 88 aries » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:20 am

so most of us are K-car fans but, only some of us are diehard.. well since we are in need of more entertainment, im going to go back to 1995 and tell how the story began.

July 19, 1995 was the first time I ever laid eyes on a K-car, at the time we had a pristine buick rivera 307 olds engine. Well my dad decided that he didn't want the car anymore so we traded cars, in return we got a humble black 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE 2.2 liter with red vinyl bench seat. It had around 189,000 miles at the time, my dad didnt think it would last long but not lasting long turned into 10 years of service. I can remember playing for hours in the car, the ripped vinyl bench seat stuck out the most, which later was redone as well as the front header panel, which was destoryed by a deer. I remember the horn did not work, but everything else was tip top shape, even the headliner was good. Music quality was good thanks to some grassroots cassettes, which I still have and I can play in my current 86. We were up north one time and the powerloss light came on, we kept driving the car, dad fixed the problem when we got back from our trip. I can remember at the end of the day at the babysitters house, her daughters and I would go out into the Reliant and play family, of course I always drove the car.. my head could not even see over the steering wheel I was so small. That old black Reliant took us everywhere, Kansas, Greenbay, Illnois, Iowa, Twin cities. When I had to get my toncels removed, the cars voltage went up to the point it could have caught fire, as I remember it was a wire of some sort. And this was about 5 in the morning.. and there was heat lighting as well.. This was around 1998, I remember back to school night, the old K was quite rusty now and I saw some rust hanging down, so I kicked it off, it mostly was tar, see we tared most of the rust on the rear fenders and trunk, it worked really well since the car now had about 230,000 plus miles, we hauled a dresser on top, a bed on top. it was definately a beater car around 2002, faded paint, cracked windshield, fallen headliner, rusted through floor. Still ran great, so in december of 2004 we decided to fix her up a bit, we welded in new floors, installed a new cat. but what we didnt know was the danger of having the car up on jackstands... so as we were getting ready to go out to eat, my mom gets in the back seat, then half way up the street we hear a big boom... well the shock went up through finely at 375,000 miles. It was a sad day that april as the little cars road came to an end... But it lives on in my two current 86's

up next: the story of the POS 1989 Dodge aries Oil burner, no power.....trouble some
88 aries

Re: The begining Part 1

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Very neat story, thanks for sharing!
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Re: The begining Part 1

Postby Butch » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:27 am

88 aries wrote:so most of us are K-car fans but, only some of us are diehard.. well since we are in need of more entertainment,

I fantasize about HOT WOMEN for enterainment. :D
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects