So why is Guy driving around in the Toyota ?

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

So why is Guy driving around in the Toyota ?

Postby Butch » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:22 am

Did your car finally burn down ? :shock:
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Re: So why is Guy driving around in the Toyota ?

Postby Baron » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:27 pm

I think we should get together and do an Intervention.

Guy is obviously addicted to driving trash cars and we need to cut off his supply and help him to finally break this awful habit. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:25 pm

Because my car was in the electrical shop for the week, and they totally screwed up my car's timing. Before it went in, I could go 85. Now I can't go over 75. They did not charge me though,
so thats the blessing. Butch, does my car really have the wrong head on it?
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby 88 aries » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:28 pm

Great...now all we will hear is how slow your car is going to be and how messed up the timing is............
88 aries

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:30 pm

Well, my coworker looked at my car with me today. We found some disconnected hoses and a fishy looking main clip between the throttle body assembly and main wiring harness. We tried jiggling it and it seem
to get a little rougher, but it didn't cut out. Also, thanks to the A.C. compressor being disconnected for 6 years, I am now being told a main bearing is going out, hence the noise where the belt is.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:33 am

-
Last edited by K-CAR_WAGON on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby 88 aries » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:09 am

only one of my compessors is not original. other than that, the original ones work still.
88 aries

Postby Pete in NH » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure I undestand what having the A/C compressor disconnected has to do with a main bearing going bad. I would question that idea. It is really sad to read through so many of these threads and hear how little so many mechanics know about basic auto operation. Guy, if someone here was to talk you through it would you be willing to tackle some of your own maintence, like setting the timing? You might want to consider investing in some basic tools and learning your way around the engine compartment, remeber none of us were born as mechanics, we all learned things along the way. K cars are basically quite simple cars and compared to later vehicles are a delight to work on. There sould be enough people here to talk Guy through some of this stuff so he doesn't have to deal with the mechanics he's been dealing with. Another thought is when you meet other k car owners ask them who services their cars and if their happy with them.

88 Aries- Your really lucky on your A/C compressor life, I do know in warmer climates where the A/C gets used a lot the compressors and other things do go eventually.
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Postby 88 aries » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:44 am

I guess its the climate that plays a part in this... up here its cold and snowy.. and back in the day when my cars were daily's people sure weren't using the air..Since they sit for 5 months out of the year in storage the compessors don't get used, and when Im driving on a non humid warm day I have the windows down....
88 aries

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects