fixed and drove a 50,000 mile 88 aries

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

fixed and drove a 50,000 mile 88 aries

Postby 88 aries » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:24 am

Today I fixed the passenger mirror on a 50,000 mile 1988 Aries 2.2, Her mother purchased the car brand new at Hundt INC, the car itself has some rust bubbles and is unmolested, it had its original floor mats, no wear on the steering wheel, original floor mats, not even stained carpet!!!! all the interior trim was not yellowed or faded even the needles on the gauges were not faded. I added a cassette radio for her while I was at it. Now for the driving part.. the car ran really quiet, at first I thought it was a 2.5, but when I opened the hood and looked at the tag, it was a 2.2, The car was gutless though, my guess is the timing is off a bit, but the lady did report 30 MPG. This was one of the best driving K-cars i have ever drove, it even topped mine, so after I returned I gave her a ride in my 88, she loved the power of the 2.5 liter, and said that she could use the extra power going up hills. All in all it was a good day, another canidate for a road trip or show :D
88 aries

Re: fixed and drove a 50,000 mile 88 aries

Postby nszotovich » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:20 am

It's nice to get your hands on a gently driven old K. Nothing better.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects