2.5 chrysler TBI V.S 5.3 liter chevrolet truck with trailer

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

2.5 chrysler TBI V.S 5.3 liter chevrolet truck with trailer

Postby 88 aries » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:38 am

well heres a story that I found to be really funny, on my way to a cruise in there is a slighty inclined hill, so in the other lane comes a chevrolet 1500, trys to pass my aries, well since Its got fresh paint I didnt want anyone throwing rocks at my car, so while climbing the hill he kicks his V8 into passing gear with his trailer, I crank up the 2.5 to 65 like icing on the cake. at mid point he could not keep up..he looked kinda pissed I was just smiling all the way, just inching the gas pedal even more and pulling my little K up the hill like nothing :D in the end going down hill he went like a bat out of H. hahahahaha :D
88 aries

Re: 2.5 chrysler TBI V.S 5.3 liter chevrolet truck with trai

Postby MyDodgeDip » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:34 pm

Wow, you beat a pickup truck.... towing a trailer.... uphill...? Amazing.
MyDodgeDip

Postby 88 aries » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:26 am

have you ever drove a 2.5 Liter engine? they are little torque monsters....
88 aries

Postby Butch » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:16 am

MyDodgeDip wrote:Wow, you beat a pickup truck.... towing a trailer.... uphill...? Amazing.

Yea, turly amazing. :roll: My 2.5 is qiucker than my Harley and i'm sure my bike would blow the doors off ANY 2.5 NA car.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby MyDodgeDip » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:06 pm

Have you ever driven a big block Mopar...?
MyDodgeDip

Postby Butch » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:37 am

MyDodgeDip wrote:Have you ever driven a big block Mopar...?

Yes, Supercharged V10 Vipers and Supercharged late model Hemi cars too. This is work related fun at it's best. :D
Butch
Car Fan

Postby MyDodgeDip » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:57 pm

Butch wrote:
MyDodgeDip wrote:Have you ever driven a big block Mopar...?

Yes, Supercharged V10 Vipers and Supercharged late model Hemi cars too. This is work related fun at it's best. :D

I meant 88 aries cause there's a problem if a 2.5 is a "torque monster". :lol:
MyDodgeDip

Postby Butch » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:19 am

Yea I know but I had to chime in. :lol: MyDodgeDip you should remember that 88 Aries is still a runny nose kid. Guy on the other hand is just totally weird. :!:
Butch
Car Fan

Postby MyDodgeDip » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:12 am

Butch wrote:Yea I know but I had to chime in. :lol: MyDodgeDip you should remember that 88 Aries is still a runny nose kid. Guy on the other hand is just totally weird. :!:

Yea, at least I'm only partially weird but totally nuts :lol:
MyDodgeDip

Postby capev86 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:53 pm

yes, for its size and age/technology the 2.5tbi IS a torque monster. most modern 4 bangers have the advantage of dohc or sohc 16 valve arrangements, but have to rev up high to start putting power down or they have the advantage of modern adjust-on-the fly electronics to make power down low. i think my 2.5 dynasty was quicker than my 2.2 aries sedan. yes it had the 3.02 FD instead of 2.78 but the taller tires canceled that out and it weighed 500 pounds more. if it wasn't for the slightly lower compression and the addition of balance shafts, the long stroke 2.5 would have a larger hp/tq advantage over the 2.2.

still i don't think that a naturally aspirated 2.5 could outgun a new 5.3 v8, unless the truck was indeed pulling a big trailer.

the average 2.5/5spd car is supposed to be capable of 0-60 times around 10 seconds. put that same combo in a lighter car like an aries/reliant (not the heavier luxo spin offs) or better yet a stripped down L body, switch out the intake for an 89+ turbo unit w/ mpi (+10hp), and uncork the exhaust (stock cat and muffler suck) and 0-60 should be closer to around 8 seconds.
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects