Comfort update for my 82 Aries

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Comfort update for my 82 Aries

Postby Dodge Aries K » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:08 am

Okay, more progress has been made. This time, in the comfort department... one of my FAVORITE things to improve. Keep in mind I haven't really done anything in the ways of cleaning since I bought it... but that changed as we worked on it.

Front stupid bench seat removed! Look at all the god damn garbage underneath of it. Gross!

F--- you uncomfortable pile of s--- seat! I hate you!

Floor vacuumed. Still could use a shampoo but... ehh...

Front seats fit nice! Even matches pretty okay to the stock rear seat.

But fortunately the rear seat from the donor car was also in good shape so that went in too...

And... the completed set! I still have to put in the seat belt buckles, get c-clips for the front inset rail bolts, and drill two holes for the rearmost bolts.

Just in the little bit that I sat in it thus far comfort is GREATLY improved. The seats were out of an 88 LeBaron 4 door sedan. Fold forward function was brought thanks to the "recliner" mechanisms from a 94 Shadow coupe at the scrap yard... it's that easy to convert sedan seats into coupe mode. Even though they're not the "period correct" seats or whatever, they still match pretty nice and god knows if a good set of the proper seats even exist for this thing anymore. I do need to repair the plastic trimmings that go on the seats. A little super glue will go a long way!

Next on the list for this thing is the nice new struts I bought a few weeks ago from a member on here and then I need to find it a radiator since the one in it is dying. Once I get the old seats cleaned up (they're still in pretty decent shape yet) I'll get them listed on here in case anyone is looking for a set of maroon split bench early seats.
Dodge Aries K

Re: Comfort update for my 82 Aries

Postby thenewportblues » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:04 am

That's a great upgrade!
thenewportblues

Car Information: none yet

Postby Racer Brown » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:09 pm

Yup, a definite improvment!!!!!!!! :)
Racer Brown

Car Information: 82 Chrysler LeBaron Medailion Convert- Mark Cross

Postby nszotovich » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:57 pm

The proud owner of an 82 Dodge Aries 600.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects