my article of my K-cars and promotion of the club

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

my article of my K-cars and promotion of the club

Postby 88 aries » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:37 pm

the article can be found here, i will scan the article in the news paper and get it on here

heres the link http://www.westbytimes.com/articles/200 ... 2story.txt
88 aries

Re: my article of my K-cars and promotion of the club

Postby Chief » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:09 pm

Justin...that was an excellent article, and I love the way that you were able to leverage the moment, and work in the Chrysler K-Car Club advertisement! The passion that you and Guy display for these underappreciated vehicles, at such a young age, is nothing short of remarkable. I wish you the very best in your continuing endeavors to expand your personal K-Fleet!!! :wink:

Peace,

Chief
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Postby 88 aries » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:19 am

thanks chief, its a start for the wisconsin chapter of the club, hopefully there are some people who have some K-cars hiding and are scared to bring them out
88 aries

Postby 82Lebaronconv » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:20 am

Justin: Excellent article. It's nice to see someone your age who appreciates older American cars so much. Most kids in high school seem to prefer those Japanese "rice burners". I know because they frequently use my street as a drag strip. They all think they're Vin Diesel in "Fast and the Furious". We've had some very tragic accidents up here in Connecticut recently involving teenagers and high performance Japanese cars, including a horrific triple fatality that left two children (brother and sister) from the same family dead. With a rare collector car like our K-Cars, you know enough to drive responsibly, especially if you had to work hard to fix it up like you did instead of having everything handed to you by rich parents (too common in my town).

Best of luck to you.

82 lebaron convertible
82Lebaronconv
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible

Postby dodgeariesguy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:29 am

82Lebaronconv wrote:Justin: Excellent article. It's nice to see someone your age who appreciates older American cars so much. Most kids in high school seem to prefer those Japanese "rice burners". I know because they frequently use my street as a drag strip. They all think they're Vin Diesel in "Fast and the Furious". We've had some very tragic accidents up here in Connecticut recently involving teenagers and high performance Japanese cars, including a horrific triple fatality that left two children (brother and sister) from the same family dead. With a rare collector car like our K-Cars, you know enough to drive responsibly, especially if you had to work hard to fix it up like you did instead of having everything handed to you by rich parents (too common in my town).

Best of luck to you.

82 lebaron convertible

I lost a few friends thanks to "rice burners" and drag races in front of my school. I didn't want that to happen to me so I walked by the tuned Honda Civic and hopped into my K. I got the job and the money and told my parents when I was 16 I'd buy my first car with my own money. So I did now I need to get more money to follow your model Justin, restore mine to off the line quality and find more to do the same to so thank you for something to shoot for. Here is also a chance to say all I got from my trip cross country's was a fresh coat of paint and a completely cleaned and fixed interior which as you might remember the paint was wrecked by some careless idiot in an accident. I guess thats the definition of restoration by a dealership. Good luck everyone in loving your K's!
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby 88 aries » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:08 am

well i dont accully have a job as of now because of sports but when summer comes i will be making money, thank you guys for the nice comments, i have other plans in mind to get on local news thats my next project
88 aries

Postby 88 aries » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:22 am

the local tv station wants to do a Tv segment on me and my K-cars how cool is that.
88 aries

Postby petsach » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:03 pm

You'll always have our support pal!! It's people like you that make me want to run out in the streets and drum up more interest!!... I've sent an e-mail to some people in my area to see if there is interest around here. Regardless, I am starting a division here in NB Canada, so if any of you are around and interested, please let me know!!

K-man Pete.

PS- Can't wait to see you and your cars on TV!!... AWESOME JOB!!
K-Man Pete.
86 LeBaron Sedan
87 LeBaron Town & Country Wagon
86 LeBaron 2-Tone Coupe
86 Dodge 600 ES Turbo Convertible
95 Caravan ES
petsach

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler LeBaron's

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects