digital cluster out

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: digital cluster out

Postby bugman48 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:51 pm

how can i get a copy of the wiring diagram. im gonna have a electronic person check the instrument cluster?
bugman48

Car Information: 1986 chrysler la baron MC Turbo convertable

Postby bugman48 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:30 pm

i was also thinking will a instrument cluster from a new yorker work? they look the same. im trying to save money. also i found the part at arizona part. is that the whole cluster. the two cpu boards and hook ups?
bugman48

Postby Pete in NH » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi,

I don't have anything on these electronic clusters beyond the 1986 factory shop manual. The factory manual does not have any internal technical information on the clusters only the dash wiring that feeds it. If you're going to be keeping your car you really should have a copy of the factory manual. It's an invaluable sourse of information. You can often find them on Ebay. Just look for a 1986 chrysler front wheel drive manual.
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Postby Dodge Aries K » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:54 pm

The 86-88 E body New Yorker dash is a swappable part last I checked.
Dodge Aries K

Postby bugman48 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:39 pm

Thanks guys. yes i plan on keeping the car. i will check the local junk yard for a new yorker cluster. i live in a small town with a air force base. and i am the only one in the area with one. so i plan on ( time and money) plan on restoring this jewl of a car. it is awsome to drive and with on 58k miles she is just getting broke in. i got to do a few things to her but all in all for a free car yes free car it was giving to me from a customer of mine i plan on keeping it another 25 years. thanks for the info i will keep in touch with updates.
bugman48

Previous

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects