New Member from TX

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

New Member from TX

Postby Qysas » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:05 am

I am currently in Kingsville Texas and getting ready to buy a 1986 Dodge Aries Coupe. Once I get the car I am going to start working on the engine and everything under the hood. I am thinking of doing some customizing on the car but I am not sure just yet. I love the Dodge 400/600ES 1983 1985 grill. Please let me know what you all think.
1982 Le Baron Coupe.

All I have to say is Ride K-Cars Ride
Qysas

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler LeBaron coupe

Re: New Member from TX

Postby dodgeariesguy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:24 pm

Welcome to the Club! I personally believe customizing is ok as long as you leave the work so it can be undone if you ever feel like restoring anything after the fact. Anyway welcome from Canada!

Will Hall
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby Qysas » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:08 am

Thank you and glad to be a member of your forum. The customizing I was thinking about was switching from colum shift to floor shifter, An switching from front bench seats to bucket seats. I was also thinking about changing the front grill and headlights to give it a more aggressive look, more akin to the second generation plymouth barracuda, I havent desided about the rear lights yet.
1982 Le Baron Coupe.

Qysas

Postby dodgeariesguy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:25 am

Well to each his own I guess. All of those will make it cool looking, so good luck to you and I hope your plans materialize.

Will Hall
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby Qysas » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:57 pm

Well, my biggest thing and was wondering if i could get a few opinions. What do you all think about turning a Dodge Aries into a Dodge 400 or 600 Clone? a coupe that is not the convertable? I like the original 400/600 grill.
1982 Le Baron Coupe.

Qysas

Postby Butch » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:13 am

Yea, the 600 grill Rocks.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby 88 aries » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:23 am

it could be a mexican K-car clone
88 aries

Postby Qysas » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:57 am

What exactly do you mean a Mexican K-clone?

My all time favorite Mopar not inculding the K coupes is the Plymouth Baracuda. An that is one of the idea's I had for the front end treatment. But I am open to suggestions an constructive critasism.
1982 Le Baron Coupe.

Qysas

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:17 am

Welcome to the club! I have an idea. Why don't you make your Aries turbo woody coupe. Here is what ya do. Make the top of the car vinyl. Cover the bodypanels with woodgrain. Install a 2.5 Turbo Shelby motor. Install a New Yorker EVA (Electronic Voice Alert System) complete with digital dash. Then you would have a talking K-car. Some New Yorker K cars even came with the absolute first digital weather thermometer and compass ever invented in the 80s. Install a CD player. Put fender skirts on the rear wheels. Put a spare tire on the rearend, but not extended like so many of those overdone woodys. Replace the frontend with that from a 1983-1985 Dodge 600 or 400, if the body will match up. And now, for the grand new name: The Dodge Aries 400 Turbo Town and Country Coupe. That would be awesome! I like modified K-cars if the main body panels are kept, even if they are swapped out from other models. But please, don't make the sparetire consist of a chopped off piece of wheelbase from another car tacked onto the body. Oh yeah, put a club logo on the back window.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby Chief » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:53 pm

Qysas wrote:What exactly do you mean a Mexican K-clone?

# 1 WELCOME to the Club!!! There were quite a few body style and engine varients, like the 2.5 Turbo, and even the combination that you're talking about; that were done out of the factory in Taluca, Mexico that were just for sale in the Mexican market. My 1989 Plymouth Reliant K LE was made in the Taluca factory and shipped to Guy Mohart Chrysler Plymouth in Southern California. So the modification that you want to do, has already been done in Mexico; thus, a Mexican K-Clone! :wink:

Peace,

Chief
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Next

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects