About me

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

About me

Postby 88 aries » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:41 am

Hi k-car lovers my name is justin i own a 1988 dodge aries and a 1986 plymouth reliant, i first fell in love with the k-car

1986 plymouth reliant (story) i was 4 years old and we traded cars with this guy and we recived a black 1986 plymouth reliant K SE as the years past of course with any k-car with a 2.2 or 2.5 the headgasket blew, we fixed it 2 times then the cradle broke, keep in mind that our black reliant was severely rusted out in 2000 i had lots of memories of that k-car finely in april of 2005 the rear spring went up through the floor (RIP 375,000 miles ) Owned 1995-2005

1989 dodge aries LE (Story) I was in kindergarden at the time and we needed another car so at the chrysler dealership on the back lot was a 1989 dodge aries with 140,000 on it we test drove it, i remember this car very well because of the big stearing wheel (all 89 mopars had it ) we got it home and we drove it, the 2.2 litre burned oil every 2500 miles and it had no power this car was a real dog. it was preavisly a mail car so all the junk got into the engine, it never started in cold weather due to low compression the engine fan would stay on (bad realay) Owned 1996-1998

1988 dodge aries LE (story) For those who have read my cardomain page this is the full version of my show winning dodge aries K.

it was in 2001 when i layed eyes on this car at a local car lot for 700, but my dad passed it up because it was too much only had a belive 72,000 miles on her, fast forward a year and i find her sitting in the weeds there she sat all alone no one wanted her paint faded the 2.5 had kicked a rod months past i was wishing i could have that car so i went swimming one day with a friend and i come back and find my aries in the garage i was shocked we paid 300 for it. so here are the new parts listed. Owned 2002-

Used 70,000 mile engine 2.5 litre (2008 150,000 engine 180,000 body no rust)
rear bumper 1988 plymouth reliant LE
used carpet 1987 dodge aries LE coupe
A/C compressor 1986 dodge aries
Ash tray 1987 plymouth reliant
new shocks (farm and fleet)
new tires (farm and fleet)
new paint on roof

add all that up 800

so after all of this im still working on it This summer im going to take off the wheels and im going to detail the chassis)

Im still driving k-cars today here is another one of my stories

So with the death of our black 86 reliant i wanted another 86 k-car i found one across my school i watched for the for sale sign to appear but none was found. there but there was not one one night i went over to the gentlemens house and i asked "is the k-car forsale" and he said "yes it is youre the only one who has talked about it so far" ok i knew this was a buy 85,000 miles very little rust Bucket seats and A/c (a must in wisonsin summers) the battery was dead and it had a headliner problem (i have not seen a k-car with good headliner even low millage ones. so i offered him 150.00 SOLD that night i was a happy camper the car sat through the winter months and now im driving it for the summer i stole that car the guy stuck over 1000 in new parts and i got it for 150 I saved this car from the junkyard.

new parts

CV boot
new headliner
new dash
Rust fixed (monday as of today)
new valve cover gasket (black silocone)

i get 35 miles per gallon with her.

so that should tell you about how i love and cherish k-cars i give people the thumbs up when i see one going down the road it s a good feeling to own a piece of automotive history.

visit http://www.cardomain.com (look up kcarman)
88 aries

Re: About me

Postby lara916 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:55 pm

That 88 Dodge Aries is a beauty!! Thanks for sharing your story :D
lara916

Car Information: 1985 Dodge Aries SE 4Dr

Postby 88 aries » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:57 pm

N/A this post i messed up on
Last edited by 88 aries on Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
88 aries

Postby ReliantLV » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:13 pm

Can't see the pics, are they online somewhere? this site is great for hosting photos - http://www.radikal.ru
ReliantLV
Car Fan

Car Information: 1981 Plymouth Reliant Custom 2-d. coupe

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects