Hello.....

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Hello.....

Postby Chief » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:07 pm

I'm glad I stumbled across this forum. I have been restoring and customizing cars since 1965 and have owned about 53 vehicles. I currently have a full show 1993 Cadillac Allante, Northstar and last year sold my Shelby "Eleanor" that I put together from the movie "Gone in 60 seconds." But the weirdest thing is that, I always dug the K-Cars, which there is no rhyme or reason for! :roll:

So about seven years ago I found a 1989 Plymouth Reliant K LE, 2.5, that had been sitting outside and burning up in the desert for about 12 or more years. But, besides being fried in and out, it only had 14K miles on it, and was an original owner car. I spent a couple of years restoring it, updating critical areas, and adding some custom touches. I even took pictures of the 1955 Chrysler wire wheels and had a set custom built in a FWD application, including the knock offs, plus the Cadillac Vogue Tyres...Custom paint, new interior, custom top, etc., etc. I spent major $$$, but I really didn't care, because I was building it to be my wife's daily driver.

It now has 50K miles on it, and she loves it, and that's all that really counts! :D

Chief
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Re: Hello.....

Postby ReliantLV » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:10 am

Welcome to the forum, and please do post pictures!!! :D
ReliantLV
Car Fan

Car Information: 1981 Plymouth Reliant Custom 2-d. coupe

Postby Baron » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:19 pm

Yes, yes, welcome and

Yes, yes, PICTURES! :D
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby Chief » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:09 pm

Here are the pix of my 1989 Relinat K America LE, with 54K original miles, Medium Rose Metallic Pearl, Bentley Maroon Vinyl Top, Custom built 1955 Chrysler Windsor wire wheels (FWD) and 155HP.

Chief

http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=w5h ... &as=update
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Postby Special K » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:27 pm

The vehicle and all it's parts being paint the same colour really update it. Very good work.
90 Mazda RX-7
87 Yamaha Razz
83 Dodge Aries
Special K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Dodge Aries

Postby Chief » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:10 am

Special K wrote:The vehicle and all it's parts being paint the same colour really update it. Very good work.

Thank you Special K! I bought it seven years ago and it had sat out in he desert for 13 years in a trailer park, and it was weather beaten, and pretty burnt up. I bought it because it only had 14K original miles on it at the time. It took me about 3 years and over $20K to totally restore it, but it was worth every penny! It's won some local car shows, and I'm very proud of it. I have always been a K Car fan!

Chief
Chief

Postby ReliantLV » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:26 am

Wow, she is a beauty!!! Those wheels make her look a little aggressive, he he he... Like she means business.... LOL

Beautiful colour of the exterior and inside too, everything matches so nicely.

Some day, when I have the money and someone dependable to do it with (like a boyfriend who likes car restoration!), I would like to do the same. Don't know if my Reliant will survive that long, but maybe with another k-car.

Well done! :D
ReliantLV
Car Fan

Car Information: 1981 Plymouth Reliant Custom 2-d. coupe

Postby Baron » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:42 pm

Only one word- Awesome!

It looks better than new and then some.

Duncan
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby Chief » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:14 pm

ReliantLV wrote:Wow, she is a beauty!!! Those wheels make her look a little aggressive, he he he... Like she means business.... LOL

Beautiful colour of the exterior and inside too, everything matches so nicely.

Some day, when I have the money and someone dependable to do it with (like a boyfriend who likes car restoration!), I would like to do the same. Don't know if my Reliant will survive that long, but maybe with another k-car.

Well done! :D

Thanks...and I also thank you for turning me on to TinyPics, I was able to resize my pix and everything! I can imagine that getting K-Car parts over there must be quite a challenge. But you certainly seem to be a real K-Car fan, and that's always a good thing. 'Good luck' on getting yours up and running!

Chief
Chief

Postby Chief » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Baron wrote:Only one word- Awesome!

It looks better than new and then some.

Duncan

Thank you Duncan...it was three years of hard work and chasing down parts and accessories, but I really enjoyed every minute of it. Most people have no idea what great little cars these are, and they're always surprised to see that even a K-Car can look great!!! :wink:

Chief
Chief

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects