How often do you see K-cars?

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

How often do you see K-cars?

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:36 pm

Well, here in So.Cal, I do manage to see at least two or so every other week. When I go to military drill, I see them all the time. It depends where you go.
I can't find any 81 models, except for the one I found for Cold Case which I am sure they destroyed. Oddly enough, finding them on the street is become very difficult around here, yet I manage to see some new one I didn't know about that just comes out of nowhere. My guess is there are a few beaters left, but many more nice garaged ones waiting to be discovered and tagged for the club. I have been mainly looking at street corners where I drive and don't get much success there. Oddly enough, the Aries and Reliants I find almost always have body damage.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: How often do you see K-cars?

Postby ReliantLV » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:41 pm

I haven't seen a Reliant or Aries in the streets or parked anywhere for the last 8 -9 years. (of course there weren't many here to begin with, but still I'd see them in the streets once in a while)

LeBarons I see sometimes but only the newer models (not really considered the K-car anymore, as I understand).
ReliantLV
Car Fan

Car Information: 1981 Plymouth Reliant Custom 2-d. coupe

Postby Chief » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:50 pm

In Orange County, I very rarely see a K-Car and the ones I do run into look like they were rode hard and put away wet! It's really sad because you can clearly see that these cars have never been given any kind type of TLC. I would probably see nicer ones in Sweden!!! :mrgreen:

Peace,

Chief
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:13 am

Don't see many here in Nashville, but after I bought mine, 2 popped up on the next block over from me, "1" Reliant and "1" 1988 Lebaron. Lebaron seems to be in really good shape!!!

I occasionaly see a couple on Craigslist. Thats where I found mine!! :mrgreen:
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby 88 aries » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:34 pm

there are a good handfull around my area. three are some lebarons, newyorkers and a couple of Reliants and aries. the one newyorker is owned by an old lady and is in mint condition. and the others are average.
88 aries

Postby Purplegrasshopper » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:03 pm

Here in Las Vegas, I don't see K-cars hardly at all. I've seen a couple of old, beat up New Yorkers driving around. I did spot a Dodge 400 convertible the other day, but the poor thing was on its last leg and in pretty bad shape. I'm constantly on the look out as I drive around, but for some reason, I just don't see many of them around. Guess the desert heat has killed most of them off...
Purplegrasshopper
Car Fan

Car Information: None

Postby 1of10K » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:36 pm

I can't remember seeing any early ones, they all are gone. A few 85-89 models around, only beacuse in the mid 90's, there was a large used car dealer here that imported fleets of beat up rentals from Florida and pushed them out for about 3 years. The remaining ones are just about all worn out, no one seems to care..
1of10K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Reliant Spring Special Coupe

Postby farmertom » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:32 am

In Washington State where I'm at I see a few of the 85-89 body style K's. Rarely see any first gen ones. I know of one wagon that is sitting in a driveway and occasionally see a wood paneled first gen running around. I did see a Dodge 400 sedan a couple times a few months back. It was in terrible condition and I was really surprised to see it again the second time becuase I had figured it had kicked the bucket. Oh and a kid that goes to my school just bought an 83 LeBaron woody convertible with a 2.6 so now two K cars are in the school parking lot everyday.
farmertom
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant

Postby Butch » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:05 am

I see them almost everyday in my hood.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby RichG » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:37 am

There's a 600 convert, same color scheme as mine, somewhere within 5 miles of me, I've seen it pass and we wave, but cant locate where she lives. Another older (than me) woman has a 86 Lebaron 4 door, Landau roof with wire spoke wheel covers, Burgandy, that goes to my mechanic (when I cant do the work myself).

And I've spotted two Le Baron turbos, one at the local Target, (it was in average shape, and had a gauge panel installed on the lower left dash blank), and another I parked next to at my local deli, one night coming home from work. I took a pic of the two cars together, but it was night and the picture is nowhere near postable......

I've seen an Aires wagon or two, and the occasional Reliant.......
1984 Le Baron Convertible 2.2
2002 Ford Taurus
2004 Mazda 3 5-speed
RichG
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2.2

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects