Reliant Blowing up Import Scene

Go here to view our cars!

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Reliant Blowing up Import Scene

Postby KodyA » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:24 am

My name is Kody A and I live in Georgia, not ten minutes from the amazing Road Atlanta. After the death of my beautiful 1997 Audi A4 I needed another car, and a cheap one. I searched Craigslist for days and ran across an add for my current car. The lady asked $500 for a running 1988 Plymouth Reliant K wagon. I payed her the money and happily drove away. At first I hated the car. I thought it was ugly (still hate the color), it ran weird (never drove a NA car), and it was slow. After driving 70 miles home on two gallons I fell in love. I've always been a part of the import scene and thought it would be neat to fix this up. Its got a lot of work, but I think with time and money I can make my Reliant something to show up on all the Honda Civic kids. So far, people love it. Its different and most have never heard of it.

I'm the sexy, Irish blonde in the last picture.
Last edited by KodyA on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KodyA

Car Information: 1988 Plymouth Reliant K wagon

Re: Reliant Blowing up Import Scene

Postby rare_ram » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:29 am

88 is a TBI, not a carb.
rare_ram
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Lancer ES

Postby 88 aries » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:54 am

They are indeed so much fun, try taking a fully restored one like I do to a car show, people Love it, something different :)
88 aries

Postby KodyA » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:30 pm

rare_ram wrote:88 is a TBI, not a carb.

Yeah...I just figured that out lol

88 aries wrote:They are indeed so much fun, try taking a fully restored one like I do to a car show, people Love it, something different :)

I'm working on getting it all fixed up. Every time I start something bad happens though :/
KodyA

Car Information: 1988 Plymouth Reliant K wagon

Return to Members' Rides