Newbie with questions.

Go here to view our cars!

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: Newbie with questions.

Postby 88 aries » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:26 pm

go to allpar.com and click on car of the month for febuary, then you will be able to see all of my K-cars 8)
88 aries

Postby SonnysTile » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:07 pm

WOW.

My mechanic called me to let me know that the car needed absolutely NOTHING.

new brakes, new belts, new air filter, new plugs, new coolant... even the oil was gold as honey.

Changed the oil anyway and greased all the fittings, $35 out the door and I'm mobile!

Gonna try and get some good pictures of her today.
SonnysTile

Car Information: 1985 Lebaron T&C Mark Cross Convertible

Postby SonnysTile » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:24 pm

update.

after driving her around some my brakes went a little spongy. I'm thinking the seals went bad after sitting for so long and then getting stretched out during use.

getting a new master cylinder put on as I type this.
SonnysTile

Postby Scott in Buffalo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:59 pm

1/2 inch whitewalls are all that is available off the shelf for the Ks and LeBarons. I had 1 inch whitewalls (original specs for my '82 LeBaron) made for me by Diamondback Tires. They are pricey, $175 each, but if you want the original look, it is the only way to go.
Scott in Buffalo
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler LeBaron Mark Cross Convertible

Postby MoparDan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:33 am

Scott in Buffalo wrote:1/2 inch whitewalls are all that is available off the shelf for the Ks and LeBarons.

and even those are getting hard to find (several tire places though I was joking when I ask if the had white walls) from personal experience I'll tell you if your gonna drive the car every day you'll want the thiner stripe ones (the thick ones have to be cleaned about every two days or they won't look very good...)
MoparDan
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge 600

Postby SonnysTile » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:50 pm

I found a set of shaved white walls on eBay...

but probably just gonna go with the standards.

In the few weeks I've been driving it, I lost one center hub cap, the right rear window quit working (motor works, just off track?), and when removing the boot to put the top up, one of the snaps broke in half.

sigh...

I've already got a new center cap coming and think I can get the snap issue resolved. But does anyone know how to fix the window? I've been leaving the other side up too so that it looks deliberate...
SonnysTile

Postby MoparDan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:31 am

SonnysTile wrote:, the right rear window quit working (motor works, just off track?),

before for you do anything take the driver's side window control off (two screws below controls) and make sure the plug is completely connected the reason I say that is mine keeps comming loose and when it does the right rear window won't go up or down. but then you say the motor works (how do you know this?)
MoparDan
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge 600

Postby SonnysTile » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:56 pm

I can hear it when I toggle the switch.

Also, I can push the window down and pull it up.
SonnysTile

Postby adben » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:12 am

Hello, I am a newbie also and just got my 84 convert. I am having problems with the windows. I pulled the passenger side off, The motor runs, I can hear it and also tested it when it was out, But the window will not move. The Driver side has a broken gear in it. Lucky enough to find a couple at the junk yard today for $10 ea. SWEET!! will install the driver tomorrow. But not sure whats up with the passenger side. It will slide up and down if I make it. A little sticky I guess. The back passenger side is not working yet either. Will tear in to it tomorrow also. Get these working and all I need is paint.
How did you make out on this??
adben

Car Information: Crysler LeBaron Convertable '84

Postby nszotovich » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:28 am

Thank god its old school. On the new cars the motor and regulator are in one unit, so you have to replace it all. Cheaper to manufacture, more expensive to replace.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Previous

Return to Members' Rides