Finally got a decent garage. Now I can start.

Go here to view our cars!

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: Finally got a decent garage. Now I can start.

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:32 pm

Suggestion. Car is so rare, so guard it from bad drivers. Also, I would keep the gauges stock and just ad modified gauges as I believe in 83 they failed to put
a temperature guage in these cars. Just what I would do if I was modding. To each their own. 8)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby 88 aries » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:37 am

89ARIES wrote:Suggestion. Car is so rare, so guard it from bad drivers. Also, I would keep the gauges stock and just ad modified gauges as I believe in 83 they failed to put
a temperature guage in these cars. Just what I would do if I was modding. To each their own. 8)

ding dong, 81-83, I kinda hate the first gen cluster, my 81's engine light came on as soon as she heated up, took me about a week to locate the problem, it was the coolent sending unit switch. good thing I had my 81 service manual.
88 aries

Postby 88 aries » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:42 am

heres a great example of what you are about to do. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3330158/1 ... th-turismo
88 aries

Postby eric_ju » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Already have the aftermarket gauge cluster. that's why i'm still on the fence between leaving the automatic or going 4 speed (stronger). I don't think i can bring myself to cut it up.
eric_ju

Car Information: 1983 dodge aries 2 door.

Postby capev86 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:54 am

don't expect to get a 10 second k car with just a blower. you really need a big aftermarket turbo, and more importantly a big intercooler and all the fixings to get to the 350hp range which you'd need in a stripped down, racing only k body running drag slicks to do the 1/4 anywhere near 10 seconds. turbosunleashed, fwdperformance and forward motion are al good vendors for the hot stuff. but you really want an 89+ turbo engine for the best bottom end before you try making the BIG POWER. the forums for this kind of stuff are turbododge and turbo-mopar.com and the best place to "start" your research is thedodgegarage.com ~ Gary Donovan was the first (and one of the few) to get a K car into the 10's.
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Previous

Return to Members' Rides