New member w/'84 Lebaron T-1 Convertible

Go here to view our cars!

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

New member w/'84 Lebaron T-1 Convertible

Postby PTT » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:07 pm

Hello all!
My 1984 "Super-K" is a rustfree (surface scratches only) 107K mile survivor that was Lady owned in Colorado. Everything works including ALL FOUR POWER WINDOWS! The only thing not working is the power door locks and a dash turn signal bulb!. ragtop just got a rebuilt A413 and has many upgrades planned. I con verted the hubs to m5-lug from an '89 Spirit donor car. It has a new MP "005" headgasket and new 10mm headbolts. New AutoZone Lifetime axels. I deleted the carrier bearing and currently have unequal length axels but as this is just a cruiser I dont see a problem with the torque steer. It currently has Chrysler wire hubcaps in place of the "eggshell" alloys and seem to look better to me. I installed a trunk deck luggagerack off of a newer Lebaron. I feel it gives the car a better profile. I put a new white top on last Fall. I have started sanding the oxidized burgandy original paint and have a primered right front fender to replace the kinked one damaged on its trip from its original home in Colorado. It is literally rust free with some nose pitting from the sand used in Colorado in place of salt. Gotta love those Eco-minded folks out there. I have been looking for a white parade boot but so far only have a burgandy one. The AC is still OEM R-12 and blows 39F on last Summers 100F+ days! The heater is great. Other than paint it needs only trunk struts as the old ones wont hold the trunk open. Thats what the broomstick was made for....right! There are a few separated stitches on the seats and the usual rub marks at the drivers bolster. The OEM AM/FM/Cassette still works fine. The top hydraulics still perform good. I do have the passengerside front wheelwell liner sagging from loss of a couple tree type push pins. It rubs on turns and sounds like a machinegun! Other than cosmetics it is a very sound vehicle and as of Januray 1st 2009 it will qualify for historic plates at 25 years old. Thanks for the opportunity to join the club!

PTT

Car Information: 1984 Lebaron T-1 Convertible

Re: New member w/'84 Lebaron T-1 Convertible

Postby Special K » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:47 am

Looks nice. Rare car. Way to go. And welcome
90 Mazda RX-7
87 Yamaha Razz
83 Dodge Aries
Special K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Dodge Aries

Re: New member w/'84 Lebaron T-1 Convertible

Postby Silverbeard » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:54 am

Welcome to the club.
You are off to a great start with a rustfree mechanically sound car and no major cosmetic issues to deal with so you can look forward to another 25 years of enjoyment.
Originally purchased new by my parents, I have enjoyed mine since 1987 as a summer toy and plan on keeping it as long as I am around.
Keep us posted on your cosmetic improvements, pictures are great.
Let us know where you are located as there may be other members you can get together with for shows or solving problems.

Martin, (in the snowy north)
Image Image
Silverbeard
Car Fan

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Convertible, Mark Cross Edition, 2.6 L

Return to Members' Rides