My 1989 Plymouth Reliant K America LE "BabyLac89"

Go here to view our cars!

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

My 1989 Plymouth Reliant K America LE "BabyLac89"

Postby Chief » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:23 pm

I bought my Reliant seven years ago after it had been frying and rotting in the desert for 13 years. But it was a one owner vehicle with only 14K original miles on it. It took me three years and a total frame up restoration to bring it to this level. The wheels are custom built 1955 Chrysler Windsor wire wheels (15X6 in the front, 15X7 in the rear) wrapped in Cadillac Vogue ties. The custom paint is done in a Medium Rose Metallic Pearl, with Bentley Desert Maroon nagahyde top material, and the hood emblem is from a Dodge 600. The interior was completely restored from an original manufacturers supplier bolt of Chrysler maroon velour material, coded for the 1989 Reliant K LE. The engine had a complete short block, dual core radiator, 180 degree thermostat, high pressure radiator cap, blue streak high performace spark plug wires and coil, polished and ported heads, reprogrammed ECU, and 155 HP at the crank.

It was also one of the featured K-Cars on "Cold Case" Episode #6 in November 2008. I fell in love with the K-Cars from the first year they came out, and finally got around to buying one and restoring it. I've been restoring and customizing cars since 1965, and this is one that I truly did just for the pure fun of it! It currently has 54K miles and is a lot of fun to drive. I always love it when people are shocked that that are actually looking at a K-Car that looks better than most of the jelly bean shaped cars that are all the norm today!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080

Chief
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Return to Members' Rides