Trip to Norfolk.

Go here to view our cars!

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Trip to Norfolk.

Postby Qysas » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Well I know I have been gone a while and finally back. Also got some great news for you all. My wife and I drove from Kingsville Texas to Norfolk Virginia in what my daughter has so kindly named my 1982 Lebaron Medallion "Ridiculous". She (the car) had little to no issues except for the early morning start ups in the cold. We were getting about 26-28 miles per gallon along the whole trip. We stopped a few times took far to little pictures and really just enjoyed the time together away from the kids as we drove across country. While we were driving through Houston we saw a couple Aries/Reliant and what amazed me was while on the highway a 90's model Lebaron was driving next to us and we were like oh because we actually looked and sounded far better then that car.

After we got to Norfolk Virginia we sprung a leak. Somehow I cracked the weld for my oil pan drain plug and now she drips oil. Also the Valve cover will need to be replaced soon. Its cracked in a spot and has been patched with JB Weld although I don't see that lasting for a long time. Before we started our trip though I did do a few minor changes to her. I gave her brand new spark plugs and wires, a complete oil change, changed the windshield wipers, and changed the fuel filter.

For such an old lady she ran very well and we did get a few odd looks and some people complimented us on the car as well.
1982 Le Baron Coupe.

All I have to say is Ride K-Cars Ride
Qysas

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler LeBaron coupe

Re: Trip to Norfolk.

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:43 am

That is so awesome! Welcome back. You also own the EXTINCT K-car model. All the 82 LeBaron Coupes were scrapped, except for yours and George Nerrie of Los Angeles. George brings his award winning 82 LeBaron Coupe to many of our events. Would love to see some pictures of your trip. :D
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby MyDodgeDip » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:53 pm

Guy, I would bet my life that there are more than 2 82 Lebaron coupes out there... :roll:

Are they hard to find? Yes. Are they worth taking care of? Yes. Are there 2 left in the world? No.
MyDodgeDip

Postby njr600 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:27 pm

Wow!! Great story. Welcome to VA!! I'm in the area. I'm in the Newport News Area. K cars are getting to be a thing of the past. You barely see them here in VA. From time to time but alot of them have been crushed or not running. Been trying to keep mine running best i can. I love driving my 600 , especially on days where i can put the top down and cruise.... :D
njr600

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 2.2 Turbo

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:51 pm

They are getting to be a thing of the past everywhere. The only reason our good member here saw Aries and Reliants was cause he was lucky and in the right place at the right time. K-cars are destroyed faster than any other car and it is devastasting for me to see 50% less K-cars for sale online then there were 2 years ago. Didn't mean to exagerrate about the 82 LeBaron 2dr, but I know there can't be more than 100 left running in the USA. Probably only about 10 of them run reasonably well to almost like new. The Canadian Caravelle K is extinct now becuase no one cared about them saving them. In SoCal, I know they are still out there, but they are now way to scattered far and wide. Los Angeles craigslist often reposts the same Ks for sale, rarely a new posting once a month, and only about 5 California craigslist postings a week now. Devastating. People will be VERY SORRY cause one day they won't know what they have lost until they have lost them. Then we can scoff and say, you fell for it. Crushing and buy new new new new new.
89ARIES

Postby 88 aries » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:24 am

so does that make my 1981 Reliant 1 left out of the 150,000 they built in 1981? ;)
88 aries

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:50 am

No, just 1 out 75 4dr Sedans for 1981. LEFT.
89ARIES

Postby Butch » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:43 am

MyDodgeDip wrote:Guy, I would bet my life that there are more than 2 82 Lebaron coupes out there... :roll:

Are they hard to find? Yes. Are they worth taking care of? Yes. Are there 2 left in the world? No.

I'd may the same bet,.....http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showt ... Coupe-Time! Guy you really should stop making all these outrages claims. :roll:
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby Baron » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:18 am

The hyperbole does get a little old . . . . . .
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby 89ARIES » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:21 pm

Sorry. Now lets look at the facts.

Premise: No 1982 Chrysler LeBaron Coupes have EVER surfaced in Los Angeles craigslist in 5 years.
Only TWO 1983 LeBaron Coupes HAVE surfaced in Los Angeles craigslist in 5 years.
Lack of seller and member response when I try to motivate them to take a role in saving the K-car.
No 1st gen Ks EVER appear in the LA junkyards, except for maybe 1-2 a year.
EVERYONE hates the K-car.
I never see them parked or driving PERIOD.

I don't think 100 left is that far off.

And those 100 could be gone in three years and then people will say "What happened to the K-car?"
89ARIES

Next

Return to Members' Rides