Mechanics Corner...volunteers needed

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: Mechanics Corner...volunteers needed

Postby ReliantLV » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:32 pm

TomChrysler wrote:I'd be glad to help! I'm good at "splaining" stuff to the novice.

I noticed!! :D
Which is cool, as being half-blonde, I could use some good detailed "splaining" to convey the idea correctly to the mechanic that will be working on my little old crocodile (hopefully, some day...........)
ReliantLV
Car Fan

Car Information: 1981 Plymouth Reliant Custom 2-d. coupe

Postby TomChrysler » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:29 am

Thanks ReliantLV!

You made my day! Yes! When you need help, send a note.
I was born blonde. I understand. After a few years, it turned browner, and browner. The next transformation will be to grey. :lol:

Giving you my best,

Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Town and Country

Postby Usagi » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:16 pm

i can splain too, but my knowledge is limited to the actual K platform and 2.2L engine.
Usagi

Postby love-a-Lebaron » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:49 pm

Don't know much about fixing the cars but I pull parts, I am always @ the junk yard looking, right now there is a 86 Lebaron Con, a Dodge 600 Con ( don't know the year ) Lebaron is a red Mark Cross with digital dash. 600 is plan with crank windows. I can get some pic's of them next time I am out there & post (if I ever learn to post) to so you can see if there is any thing that you can use. Parts & mailing is all it would cost, I enjoy pulling the parts I am learning alot about the car's this way. Its a shame, the Dodge looked @ one time like someone drove it there. They also have alot of 4 door Aries all years, Aries wagon, & one or two 2 drs. The other junk jard I go to has a great 84 or 85 New Yorker with nice interior & fare body. Oh & the last one I went too I just found has a 87 Aries as a junk yard lot car, I asked about it , it has a "demo" tital & they wouldn't sell it, why would you crash a car that runs, not great but still runns??
love-a-Lebaron

Car Information: 1986 Lebaron Con.

Postby Webmaster » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:03 am

Sorry, If anyone wishes to help with the mechanics, feel free to PM me with your qualifications.
Webmaster
Site Admin

Car Information: Top Secret

Postby Hemi-Dude » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:12 pm

I will gladly help with answers to technical questions relating to 'K' cars from the Reliant to the 'Q' body, the TC by Maserati.
Hemi-Dude

Postby Hemi-Dude » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:18 am

Webmaster wrote:
88 aries wrote:i know a little about some of this, we should have a mechanic corner, for people who dont know anything about owning a k-car, it can tell how to maintain them to last for ever.

We had a suggestion from a club member that we should start a "Mechanics Corner." Do we have any mechanics in the club that would like to get together and run the technical side of our forum. No forum experience is neccessary, just have to know a bit about cars.

Charles Coulombe
Webmaster/ Forum Administrator

So when do I get a promotion? :roll:
Hemi-Dude.
Hemi-Dude

Postby dodgeariesguy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:08 am

I would say that Hemi-Dude you definately deserve a promotion maybe even more than I did, as do a few more people.
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby Hemi-Dude » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:07 am

dodge1970 wrote:I would say that Hemi-Dude you definately deserve a promotion maybe even more than I did, as do a few more people.

Thanks for the kind compliment.
We all can do our part. I don't judge others experience, but I do try my darndest to be correct.
I do this for several TC groups among which is the TC America Club. I am one of their Tech reps as well as a writer for their Newsletter.
You will see me a lot with answers when I am available, but there will be several weeks where I will be away from a computer.
At present I don't have my shop manuals at hand, they are at my shop. That makes it a little tougher to spout specifications, should someone need them.
I do also have some 2.6L parts around, a set of almost new pistons, a brand new NOS cylinder hear and other stuff. After all, I've been running my own shop for 20 years now.
I have lots of 2.2/2.5 parts, both new and used.

Well, so much for now.

Take care there in Canada, it must be cold :!: living there. We had 88 F :D here today in Arizona, my home.
Hemi-Dude

Postby andybuzz2u » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:23 am

I will help were i can. I have owned my 1986 dodge 600 convert since new. I worked at Chrysler's Saint Louis plant from jun 1985 till i parted ways with the company march 2008. I remember most of these cars coming down the line. And i worked diffrent stations so i saw them from coiled steel, stamping, body shop, paint shop, finally assembly, to sitting on the back lot waiting to go to a dealer. Put the engine/tranny in the one i brought. Loved that all white with the cordavan interior love the contrast. Wish i would have gotten the turbo though..LOL. i wish i would have photo copied some things, but i just donated a lot of stuff i had from the day to the WPC Museum. Stuff like fender torgue, lug nut torgue, how to do this how to spot this. And so on. Mostly what the line workers use on new model production. Has any body on here talked to the Walter P. Chrysler Museum about the K's? Or as they were more commonly know as EEK!
andybuzz2u

Car Information: 1986 Dodge 600 Convertible

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanic's Corner