The 1986 Lebaron lives..

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

The 1986 Lebaron lives..

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:42 am

Well after 10 months of it being a lawn ornament. It is finally repaired, running, passed emissions with flying colors, and has its new tags!!!

The better half just took it to the grocery store!!

After all this time.........I thought it was running 'HOT"!!!! But it wasn't......the NEW temp sending unit that I had bought last year and installed was "faulty"!!!

I have been waiting to get my tax refund back so I could take it in and let them tell me it was a blown head-gasket!!

Because everything else was new, radiator, hoses, thermostats (2), CTS, temp sending unit, hose to reservior. I was at my wits end with it not to mention $$$$$.

But..I finally took it down to a friends trusted mechanic and he called me later in the day, and told me it was repaired and running great!!! Then I asked the HOW MUCH question!!!

A grand total of $15.

It seems the NEW temp sending unit I put on was faulty, and was showing it running hot, when in all actuality it wasn't!!

Now I wil take the 88 Aries to him, instead of the local yocal that told me the Aries temp sending unit was putting out the correct temp on it, even though the dash temp gauge barely reads above cold.

One of you guys told me that the thermostat could be sticking OPEN in my 88 ARIES......so I think I am going to have that changed out as well as a new temp sending unit and a new CTS. Just get'r done and over with!!

I put the second one in my 1986 Lebaron myself, and it wasn't a huge ordeal, but with my bad back and all, I think I am just gonna have this new mechanic take care of it.

Anyways..... just wanted to let ya'll know!! :mrgreen:
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Return to Mechanic's Corner