Strut Insulator??

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Strut Insulator??

Postby njr600 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:39 pm

Hi to all!! I'm in the process of having my struts replaced by a local shop. So far i have the struts and the strut mounts for both sides but the mechanic at the shop was telling me to get the strut insulators for both sides. I have called diffrent part stores and no luck with finding this part. I have a 84 dodge 600. Has anyone else ran into this problem? I thought i had all the right stuff i needed. I googled strut insulator and seen a few pics for diffrent cars. Look like its going under the mount over the spring but i'm not sure if my car calls for this part. Does anyone knows if it does or not?
njr600

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 2.2 Turbo

Re: Strut Insulator??

Postby Pete in NH » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:01 pm

HI,

The 84 parts book is a little unclear about what the srut mounting parts look like exactly. But go over to rockauto.com and look up your 84 Dodge 600 and look under suspention parts and you'll see shock mounts. Under that Monroe lists two mounting kits, look at the pictures and I think you'll find what your looking for. It looks like they have a top mount rubber isolator assembly that I think is what your mechanic is looking for. You could print out a picture and ask him if this is what he needs.
Good luck and let us know hoe w you make out.
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Postby njr600 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:17 pm

Thanks Pete. I'm going to go to the site and check it out. I'll let you know how it turns out. My struts are worn out lol. The car still rides pretty good. So i can imagine how it's going to ride with new struts and shocks. My front end is starting to bounce around so i think its time. Thanks for your help :D
njr600

Postby njr600 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi to all! Just wanted to let everyone know that i'm good to go. I didnt need the strut insulator the mechanic was reffering to. Those may be on newer model cars but mine did not have one. I just needed the new mounts which i had already purchased. I've got struts and shocks put on the 600 and it rides alot better now. No more front end bounce. I still have the sag in the back but notice a diffrecnce when the car is full. Does not bottom out no more when going over bumps, the rear stays firm. I may replace my springs eventually but for now i think i'm good to go. Now i'm trying to get the convertible top replaced maybe by the summer. Thanks for the help and everyone take care :D
njr600

Return to Mechanic's Corner