inherent axle problems?? I don't believe it

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

inherent axle problems?? I don't believe it

Postby ohpoppy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:32 am

I own 2 K-Cars. I replaced the axles on my 83 Aries with rebuilt units and within the 1st mile test drive, the right one broke at the inner joint with such great force that the mirror fell off the windshield. I replaced the shaft again but there is damage in the transmission from the violent break. I filed a claim with the manufacturer of the axle but they refuse to pay damages siting these cars are famous for breaking axles so they are not responsible. My car has 93,000 orginal miles and is absolutely original and well maintained. It has only been used only on trips and garaged otherwise until the last year since I decided it to be my everyday car since it is so dependable. Motor mounts are fine as are all suspension parts. Has anyone heard of these cars breaking axles when they are fresh as mine?? My 82 Lebaron still has its original ones at 120,000 miles. I should have just replaced the boots on the Aries..now its awaiting an answer at the transmission shop. Been there for 6 weeks. Thanks, Bob
ohpoppy

Car Information: 82 Chrysler Lebaron Conv

Return to Mechanic's Corner