engine mounts

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

engine mounts

Postby Chad_M » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:31 am

Hi,
I was wondering what everyone was using to replace the engine mounts in our cars? Iv tried ancor mounts and solid polyurethane ones and they make the inside of the car vibrate terribly. I've looked everywhere for new old stock oe ones but i think i bought the last of them that i could find a few years ago.

Thanks,
Chad
1986 Chrysler LeBaron Mark Cross turbo coupe, 2.2 TI Auto
1987 Chrysler LeBaron GTS premium, 2.2 TI Auto
1988 Chrysler LeBaron premium convertible, 2.2 TI Auto
1989 Chrysler LeBaron GTC, 2.2 TII 5spd
1989 Dodge Daytona ES, 2.5 TI 5spd
Chad_M

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Lebaron 2.2 Turbo

Re: engine mounts

Postby carguyray » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:49 am

Oh that's sad to hear... I need to get them for my boy's 83 2.6L. I just assumed you'd be able to pick them up easily... guess I should have learned from the "Sending Unit Hell" I went through.

Thanks for the post, I'll be watching it closely.
carguyray

Re: engine mounts

Postby Chad_M » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:58 pm

Well i spent some money nd compared the aftermarket engine mounts that are out their.
First the anchor brand, dry hard rubber, bad vibrations at idle, poor fitting, especially the passenger side mount, i had to grind it down so it would slid into the bracket.
Westar, slightly softer rubber, some of their mounts are made in china and some in India, china mounts from them fit ok, but the India mounts where deformed, sloppy and did not fit well at all! Exchanged the passenger mount due to ill fitting and being deformed a few times and didn't find any better so i got my money back.
DEA, looked and rubber felt closest to OE, fit very well, car idles nice and smooth, recommended!!!

Chad
1986 Chrysler LeBaron Mark Cross turbo coupe, 2.2 TI Auto
1987 Chrysler LeBaron GTS premium, 2.2 TI Auto
1988 Chrysler LeBaron premium convertible, 2.2 TI Auto
1989 Chrysler LeBaron GTC, 2.2 TII 5spd
1989 Dodge Daytona ES, 2.5 TI 5spd
Chad_M

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Lebaron 2.2 Turbo

Return to Mechanic's Corner