86 Reliant SE Rollover valve alternate will this work?

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

86 Reliant SE Rollover valve alternate will this work?

Postby 1p3bp » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:03 pm

I can't find an original 2 hose connection replacement rollover valve for my 86 Reliant SE Wagon so I did some research. Looks as if everyone was using the Dorman 911-060 which was too small for the grommet in my case. However, I found this Dorman 911-001 for a GM that fits perfectly in the grommet and tank but only has 1 hose connection. My question is will everything still work right if I add a tee fitting for the other hose my Reliant originally had. The original rollover valve has 2 hose connections. I found one on a 1985 Aries but it only had 1 hose connection too and I also broke it trying to get it out. Second part concern is with the new fuel tank. Inside it has the fuel resevoir like the original tank but it's metal instead of plastic and has no hose connection inside. Will everything work right if I just let the return hose just sit inside the tank not connected to the resevoir since there is no connection inside? I tried to add a photo of it installed in the tank but it said board quota was reached.
1p3bp

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE Wagon

Return to Mechanic's Corner