You really should get on this email list

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

You really should get on this email list

Postby seattle smitty » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:29 pm

I have bought a fair amount of parts from Rock Auto, and as a result am getting regular notifications that, this is rare, I actually am glad to find in my email (as opposed to the continuous spam I get from other commercial sites!!). I have bought parts for two older cars from them (great prices, quick response), so I entered make/year/model/engine/etc. for each. Now Rock Auto sends me notification of manufacturers' closeouts of all kinds of parts, for each of those cars. Sometimes they only have one or two of those parts left, which is good because if they are something I anticipate needing in the future, I jump right on them. One of these two cars is a real orphan, an old Dodge Colt Vista 4WD wagon. I rebuilt every major system, and I know what it's like trying to find parts for an orphan. So when I see closeout parts for the things I have not yet had to replace, such as a re-man wiper motor (an essential item for Seattle cars), I spring for them.

I am one who generally avoids getting on company mailing lists. But Rock Auto is a good one, and you ought to consider getting their alerts for every car you own. I don't own a K-car, but as they get older, and get further into the orphan category, I sure would want to get the last of the cheap new parts . . . .
Last edited by seattle smitty on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seattle smitty

Car Information: '87 Dodge Colt Vista

Re: You really should get on this email list

Postby Kwagon2 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:14 am

Hi
Every little bit helps...stuff is getting scarce for the early K's ...I don't even bother anymore with the local parts places all I get is "Oh thats discontinued" can't get it....
Kwagon2
Car Fan

Car Information: '82 Aries Wagon,'85 Reliant SE,'82 Reliant Wagon

Return to Mechanic's Corner