interior replacement parts

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

interior replacement parts

Postby rhood » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:08 pm

I am looking for interior parts for my 1987 Dodge Aries wagon. Any trim, mouldings, handles especially the dash, rear passenger door lock trim, and headliner material. I am probably one of the few women restoring my Granny wagon and would love any helpful tips you have.

Thanks,
RHood
rhood

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE Wagon

Re: interior replacement parts

Postby Kwagon2 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:13 am

Hi
I'm presently involved in the restoration of a first generation Aries Station Wagon ....there isn't much out there in the way of NOS (New Old Stock) trim parts, I've been lucky in locating one parts wagon and one parts sedan. New Carpet is available through the aftermarket , most interior trim parts must be salvaged....sun faded plastic trim such as the "B" post moldings and the rear interior quarter panel side panels have to be re-tinted using SEM vinyl/plastic dye. The SEM product can be used to re-tint any colour of plastic trim to what you need in the case of wrecking yard finds. My head liner was in decent shape , it just had to be re-glued to the hard board. For dash board trim I'm looking at getting all the "bright" chrome accents redone but right now I'm still not to sure on what I need to do for the wood grain. My instruments are all in great shape so no worries there....my big task is to put a floor back in the car ! I located a low mileage 2.2 engine and trans to replace the deceased 2.6 Mitsu the car came with , in addition to that I have created the correct wiring harness required for the 2.2 installation.
I've been at this about two years now most of my time has been searching for the parts I need. I must say I've had my eyes opened when it comes to these K cars as they are not an easy car to restore ...good luck with yours.
If you have any specific questions please post as I cruise around here on a regular basis hopefully I can help you out....
Kwagon2
Car Fan

Car Information: '82 Aries Wagon,'85 Reliant SE,'82 Reliant Wagon

Re: interior replacement parts

Postby marty mopar » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:11 am

www.arizonaparts.com

for a YEAR search put in:

K car

Wagon (scroll down until you hit the 1980s) this will show you wagon specific parts

P,D (scroll down until you hit the 1980s) (P=Reliant D=Aires)

also you can put these in for a YEAR search also.....

1981 P

1981-84 P

1981-89 P

1981 D

etc.
marty mopar
Car Fan

Car Information: 1992 Daytona IROC R/T

Return to Mechanic's Corner