THE BIGGEST K-CAR JUNKYARD DISCOVERED BY JUSTIN!!!!

Moderator: Webmaster

THE BIGGEST K-CAR JUNKYARD DISCOVERED BY JUSTIN!!!!

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:48 am

Thanks Justin. Good work!!! So, are they going to keep these cars for a while? How much does it cost to get parts? How does it operate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c04Ybek-h8
http://www.youtube.com/user/kcarman88#p ... w60xDGY2wY

Even some early Ks. We don't have anything like this in Los Angeles.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: THE BIGGEST K-CAR JUNKYARD DISCOVERED BY JUSTIN!!!!

Postby 88 aries » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:26 am

This is K-car heaven!!!! in video format, and there are alot more early K-cars id say about 20 of them. one has a 4 speed in it with completely rusted out floors
88 aries

Postby 82Lebaronconv » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:48 am

Justin: Awesome video. There are cars in that yard that I haven't seen in years. Did you notice the Pontiac Astre? This was Pontiac's version of the Chevy Vega. These were rare even when new. I don't think I've seen one in at least 25 years. Are there any "K" convertibles there? Would like to see what one looks like after sitting outside for 15 years or more. Would also like to see any GM "X" body Buick Skylarks or Olds Omegas or any of the 1970's GM "H" bodies. These were based on the Vega and included the Olds Starfire, Buick Skyhawk, Chevy Monza and Pontiac Sunbird. These were some of my favorite cars back then. Would also like to see a Mustang II. My wife was driving one (a red 1977 hatchback with the base 4 engine) when I first met her back in the mid-80's. These seem to have amost completely vanished. The Mustang clubs all hate these models. Hope you can make another video soon. It looks like there is still a lot of ground for you to cover.
82Lebaronconv
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible

Postby 1of10K » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:57 pm

Be aware there are few if any bargains to be had there, unless you are willing to pay anything for a certain part. The guy that runs the place has done it all his life and no matter what you find, it is the "rarest part ever", according to him, and he will price it accordingly. He is the classic wheeler-dealer, not a car lover who lives to help us out. He will not tell you what he wants for a part, the game will start when you go and get it and drag it out of the jungle and find him to ask.

There are piles of parts around his house by the road that people have wanted but ended up leaving there because of what he wants for stuff.

Justin, next time you are there, go in the older section where the old busses are all parked at severe angles, go inside the early 1950's Greyhound bus type motor home. Really neat, it looks like 1953 inside, even with it's original 50's style dishes piled on the vintage counter!
1of10K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Reliant Spring Special Coupe

Return to K-Car Boneyards/Junkyard Finds