First book for the '80s car lovers

Moderator: Webmaster

First book for the '80s car lovers

Postby jhkaster1 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:12 pm

I've been absent for about 18-24 months as my job and side project overwhelmed me. I'm back now.

My side project was publishing a car book for the 80's. Actually, there are 9 flavors of it.
There are printed books as well as downloadable into Adobe Digital Editions. The latter is much more affordable.

http://www.Those80sCars.com

---James

1982 Chrysler LeBaron Mark Cross Convertible
1985 Chrysler LeBaron Mark Cross Turbo Coupe
---James
1982 Chrysler LeBaron Medallion Mark Cross Convertible
1984 Chrysler Limousine
1985 Chrysler LeBaron Mark Cross Turbo Coupe
www.those80scars.com
jhkaster1

Car Information: 82 LeBaron MC Conv, 85 MC Turbo Coupe, 84 Limo

Re: First book for the '80s car lovers

Postby capev86 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:16 am

hey....finally something to document all those rare 80's cars that are going bye bye very fast because they are between the REAL oldies and the latest from detroit (or overseas).

some of the cars i hope you included:

GM: 84 hurst olds, buick grand national/gnx, lesabre t type, skyhawk t type, reatta, etc.

Chrysler: shelby charger, rampage, various shelby/ turbo daytona's, carrol shelby packages, ghl's, etc. i think the (louts engineering infuesed) spirit r/t, daytona iroc/rt and phantom r/t (j body sold in mexico) should be included because those are the pinnacle of what is basically 80's engineering. there was also the chrysler tc by maserati

there really were a lot of nice performance parts that came from the factory in this time period and makes for great salvage yard hop up projects on plain jane cars. my grandmother had an 85 skyhawk wagon for over 20 years that she bought new. wish the car was still around.....would love to put a cavalier z24 chassis in it with the skyhawk t-type nose (hidden flip up headlights). i'd either build a late model z24 2.4 into a 2.6 stroker or (even a 2.4 stroker out a 2.2) or better yet, put a late model supercharged 3800 in it (you can stroke that to 4.2L) and put a 6 speed from a pontiac g6 behind it. bet you could also use the 18 inch rims and big 4 wheel disc (brembo front) brakes from cobalt ss.

it's amazing what kind of parts you can mix and match to create a total sleeper that performs awesome without investing in tons of aftermarket pieces. i have a few trick pieces (braided brake hoses, poly everything, csracing panhard bar, aluminum strut brace for a daytona, etc) for my 86 aries wagon but most of the parts are a mix of the best from the mopar parts shelf. chrysler was a pioneer in factory turbo setups long before it was popular to put that kind of stuff on imports.
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Re: First book for the '80s car lovers

Postby 1986Kar » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:44 pm

1986Kar

Car Information: 1986 T & C Wgn., 1986 Aries LE, 1988 Aries LE

Return to Parts/Repair Manuals