Opinions wanted

Wish to turbocharge your K-car and meet some fellow enthusiasts? Click here and log-on
to Turbo-Mopar forums to chat with our friends at the SDAC. The So.Cal chapter meets at Applebees
in LaHabra, California every 1st Thursday of the month between 7:30 PM to midnight.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Opinions wanted

Postby Butch » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:56 am

Altough I try to help people here with advice and knowledge, I'm an EVIL mechanic and a hot rodder which seems TABOO here. :roll: I realize that the muscle car guys are alittle rough around the edges, but the Mopar Muscle car guy would still help save a Mopar if it's savable within reason. Now should I still offer my help considering my low life status or not ? I just wonder what some of you would be thinking if your 1st car was a badass hot rod, would things be differant ?
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Re: Opinions wanted

Postby turbokcar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:47 pm

We all need a second set of eyes, keep on helping.
turbokcar
Mechanic

Car Information: '86 Chrysler Lebaron Convertable turbo

Postby Baron » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:31 pm

Everyone has different interests, if we didn't, life would be boring and we'd all be driving Prius' (gag [but in all honesty, back in the 80s that line would be- We'd all be driving K-cars]). So there's room for everyone. And to be fair, its hard to remember that fact sometimes when some of the bonehead members of one group kick the tires of another. At times like that, it may be hard, but necessary, to remind ourselves that they're not all bad- on either side.

I like all cars and especially ALL Mopars. I think you're a valuable asset to the board.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:53 pm

Butch, you are rough around the edges. We are all different and we have our little egos. Sorry, I had to delete your thread about the club's problems. I understand you were venting. That thread got me down about this club and I didn't want anyone else to feel the same way. The fact is, I have been listening to you and have been trying to do the best I can with what limited resources I have. It may be a fact that most K-car
owners can't or will not volunteer to work on their cars. I tried to do a repair meet, remember? It fell apart. Also, you forget that 16 people across the Los Angeles basin is not enough people to do a meet if half
of them our noncommital. I was optimistic and tried to get something together. Also, I agree with you that repair commaradie is the backbone of a club, car shows are about as important
and if were not strong enough to do the repairs, at least we can do the shows. Frankly, I did every show this club had ENTIRELY by myself with no help or assistance from anyone, with a few exceptions. We have
even started roadtrips, haven't we? Justin is doing a show in a few weeks, isn't he? Marty Payne is doing a roadtrip to the Smokies in North Carolina, isn't he? I try to please everybody and there is only so much I can do. I am arriving at a crossroads where I am doing everything myself and I am not sure how much longer I can continue to do that. Also, whats wrong with being a club that has something for everyone. People that
enjoy the cars for modifications (which we have some of) and people who like the cars only for the seats? Also, I've tried to link us into Turbo-Mopar without success. Now, I know I stepped in it by using the
word "sterotyping", but I really feel that we are a minority that needs help and I was just venting like yourself in how small we are. I hope there are no hard feelings. And yes, I totally agree with you that half the people here are what you would call "noncommital flakes" who don't care about the K-car and would sell it at the drop of the house. I now have come to realize that more people tend to be interested in performance rather than the car itself. I want to prove that we can make it as the mundane club with something for everyone.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:00 pm

Oh by the way, I forgot to say this, thanks for being an asset on the board and working on my car.
89ARIES

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:00 pm

Oh by the way, I forgot to say this, thanks for being an asset on the board and working on my car.
89ARIES

Postby Chief » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:22 pm

Butch wrote:Altough I try to help people here with advice and knowledge, I'm an EVIL mechanic and a hot rodder which seems TABOO here. :roll: I realize that the muscle car guys are alittle rough around the edges, but the Mopar Muscle car guy would still help save a Mopar if it's savable within reason. Now should I still offer my help considering my low life status or not ? I just wonder what some of you would be thinking if your 1st car was a badass hot rod, would things be differant ?

Butch...you really do function as the technical Moderator on this board and that automatically makes your contributions beyond valuable. Your 'been there, done that' extensive mechanical experience is a nice plus to have available to any member who wants to ask a question about their car. I personally enjoy hanging out with with you at the SDAC Meetings each month and appreciate your no nonsense approach to car building. Anyone who would ever take the time to chat with you would totally understand how seriously you take this. I personally feel that you're very much needed around here and would love to see you stay and continue to contribute!

Chief
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Postby dodgeariesguy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:40 am

Butch, you are indespensible! I feel that every time you post to help someone I learn something new. You clearly are better than I. If you left I'd be lost trying to solve some of the problems you seem to know the answers to. But it all comes with experience which you bring alot of. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us!
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:59 am

I had a badass hotrod as one of my first cars.....1967 Mustang fastback (burgandy), it would haul ass!!! Loved that car!!
But, at this stage in my life, I thought a older, well taken care of, 4 cylinder should be what I needed.

So be the hod-rodder, evil mechanic all you want, just don't stop with the good advice with all your knowledge. :mrgreen:
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby Baron » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:05 am

Hey, if I can, I would love to own another E-class like the one I had before, or a first gen LeBaron convertible.

But I would be just as quick if I had a chance to buy a 68 Charger Hemi- the very epitome of a muscle car- too.

I would not expect to be censured by either side for what are my choices.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Next

Return to Shelby Dodge Automobile Club/Turbo-Mopar Forum