Okay what if......

Wish to turbocharge your K-car and meet some fellow enthusiasts? Click here and log-on
to Turbo-Mopar forums to chat with our friends at the SDAC. The So.Cal chapter meets at Applebees
in LaHabra, California every 1st Thursday of the month between 7:30 PM to midnight.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Okay what if......

Postby Veronica » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:51 pm

The SDAC folks had me thinking....
What if I wanted to add turbo and intercooler to my Aries wagon?

What would be the impacts for:
Smog?
Mileage?
MPG?
Resale Value?
and most importantly cost.
What would be the cost for the parts?
And are there any experienced in this sort of thing who want to negotiate to do the work?

Might even ask the same thing about AC (Air conditioning).
Veronica

Car Information: 1988 Dodge Aries Station wagon, 1982 Dodge B250

Re: Okay what if......

Postby rare_ram » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:34 am

Well, I'm doing both to an 82 Rampage. The easiest way is finding a similar car to get all the parts and wiring. It can be done from another car but, you need to be able to do wiring to match up the stock to the Turbo wiring. That means an FSM for both cars. You'll need a higher output fuel pump and if your car is carb you'll need the tank from a EFI car. Of course you'll need a complete Turbo motor and trans as the NA cars have a weaker trans.

The AC, at least in an L-body, is a royal PITA. The heater box is in a different location so I'm having to move the air inlet and drill different holes. I have a donor Shelby Charger so the job is easier, but still a PITA.
rare_ram
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Lancer ES

Return to Shelby Dodge Automobile Club/Turbo-Mopar Forum