The Ontario K-Car Club Chapter

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: The Ontario K-Car Club Chapter

Postby dodgeariesguy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:25 am

I would love for you to take the reign's on hosting this one. Paris or Guelph or Elora would be a great place to meet, I am not hearing back from the person in Niagra or the person in Sarnia. They wont pick up or return my calls, I fear I've scared them off by not having a solid plan, I feel I've failed at my responsibilies :-<. Well we'll see how she goes from here boy's.
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby Silverbeard » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:18 pm

Elora or Guelph works best for me, remember I am in Barrrie, north of the rest of you.
David, thanks for the offer, would like to see your collection but would best in summer weather with the LeBaron on a weekend cruise worked around a show somewhere.
Martin
Image Image
Silverbeard
Car Fan

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Convertible, Mark Cross Edition, 2.6 L

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:40 pm

Will, congrats on your efforts. Its a work-in-process. Our first meet in 2007 had 3 cars and we were seperated by 70-100 miles each. We were tiny and no one said we would make it. Please do send pics of you can of the meet and maybe even a youtube video. No one said it would be easy. I just got good news today to expect an 83 TC Wagon at my meet this Saturday and now we are up to 16 K-cars! :lol:
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby djvant » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:42 pm

Martin , Yes you are correct. Paris would add about 35 min to your already 2 hr drive.
But this is what I am offering the club to get on their feet.

Saturday October 31 2009 Mid- afternoon. I think this the perfect date because its the last Saturday in October and the last event before you put your car away each year.
I am offering:
- An area to display your car and meet and greet in a scenic, country location
- A fall colours ride , so we can be seen which goes past several local wrecking yards. What do you think?
- A BBK, That is play on words for BBQ. I will spring for the food and HOT apple cider
- I will keep one or two bays open so we can have a bit of a wrench day for those who need it. Scope, Scanner, Timing light etc.
- I have access to a Mitchel On demand database or All Data type system ( So we can send you home with repair procedures and specs)
- I have Original Equipment Manual (OEM Manuals) to browse as well as a couple of hundred Auto and Motosport books to look through
- We can have a mini Swap meet or boot sale. Bring something to sell, swap or give away. I will have some items free for the taking that day.
- Open to all members in Ontario, New York State and Michigan State. I am less than two hrs from either border.
Last edited by djvant on Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
djvant

Car Information: 1988 Aries Wagon,1986 lebaron Convertable,Etc.

Postby djvant » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:49 pm

This is what I am offering to do. I do not want to make all the contacts and chase people. At least this will be a basis to grow. Somone else will have to do the promotion for this one. All I want is someone to tell me how many, and it will be a go.
Do not tell me whether you are coming, please key it up with the Ontario Chapter President.
I am open for any further Ideas, additions, deletions or changes.
If we are going to do something lets make it worth a 2 or 3 hr drive. David
Last edited by djvant on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
djvant

Postby djvant » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:23 am

I just posted the event in the events section of the Ontario K car club.
Now just to see who picks up the ball and runs with it.
If now one shows I will have a lot of cider to drink. Cider..mmmmm
djvant

Postby dodgeariesguy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:26 am

My car was tucked away as soon as the first frost hit which is too bad, I drained the fuel cause I'm putting on a new tank as well as floor repairs because it didn't pass safety, but I'll most likely come anyway, I will also do the foot work to get people to show. David could you PM me you address for privacy sake? I want a general idea of where I'm going xD. Thank you so much for volunteering! This should go well if I get all the people I want!
Oh ya Cider Mmmmmm....
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby Silverbeard » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:37 am

CALLING ALL ONTARIO K CAR AND LEBARON OWNERS. WHERE ARE YOU?

Sat. Oct 31 is the date of our proposed first gathering for a meeting of the minds,and cars ( if not already in storage).
David (djvant) has offered his well stocked garage for the meeting place near Paris.
Now all we need is to hear from all interested in attending. Bring your spouse (girlfriend or who ever and whatever you call them) for a Saturday car ride and meet with other K Car people.
Lets get this meeting off the ground this fall so we can make plans for next season.
Martin
Image Image
Silverbeard
Car Fan

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Convertible, Mark Cross Edition, 2.6 L

Postby Butch » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:57 pm

Well it looks like you guys are doing what it takes to get your chapter off the ground. As a member of the SoCal SDAC I know how inportant it is to have meeting even if only a couple people show up. It's also important to socialize with other clubs and forums associated with FWD Mopars. It's seems impossible to get this going here in SoCal thu. Once you plan an event GO THU WITH IT. I've lost interest in the SoCal chapter due the postponements and cancelations of plans. As a tech I did show up for our " repair meet" but now I've have no intention of doing it again due to the lack of commentment. I really hope you guys pull this off and grow. And BTW post here as well.......http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/cmps_index.php as there's people in your area into FWD Mopars.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:17 pm

Butch, lets not be negative. We only had one rescheduling issue with one event. I am willing to try to do a repair meet again. There is only so much I can do
and so lets focus on the positive. If anything, we just gotta get more people.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

PreviousNext

Return to K-Car Club Chapters