The Ontario K-Car Club Chapter

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: The Ontario K-Car Club Chapter

Postby dodgeariesguy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:47 pm

Hmmm, 2 out of 5 like the location, 1 has no idea how to get there, and the other two want it closer to them, I'm in a pickle, prehaps someone with experience planning could help me out here!
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby Silverbeard » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:47 pm

Will,
Where are the 2 that want it closer to them ? Or how long would their drive be?
Google maps shows exactly where it is and will tell you how to get there. Elora is a quaint little town, but it is in the middle of nowhere but you have to go to 'nowhere' to find some beautiful country for driving.
The Lebaron has gone into hibernation and I put the hardtop on the 02 Thunderbird yesterday and nornally have it put away by end of Oct, but if the weather holds, my try to keep it out for that trip.
Guess we should have done this a month ago, but at least if we get together now we can discuss where and when we can get together next year for shows or whatever.
Martin
Image Image
Silverbeard
Car Fan

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Convertible, Mark Cross Edition, 2.6 L

Postby djvant » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:08 pm

IF Paris On is more central we can use my place. I already have 6 k cars here and a large garage to hold them. Tims is just down the road. Or an hr or 1 1/2 hr or so either direction if fine.
djvant

Car Information: 1988 Aries Wagon,1986 lebaron Convertable,Etc.

Postby dodgeariesguy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:19 pm

Umm, lets see, ones from Sarnia the other is from Niagra Fall's. So, its a bit of a drive for them. IDK maybe this isn't such a good idea at this time of year, the weather isn't supposed to get much nicer in this area. Well thats what I'm being told. My uncle wants me to think about a Spring Show and Shine type that he did when he was running a local Edsel club. Does that sound better to everyone? I mean with more time we could possibly see have a better meeting? I really want to meet eveyone see their car's etc. Plus, I too have retired the K-Car for the winter so it wouldn't be to good of a meet. Lets pospone, I think it would be best, even my Dad didn't think it was a great idea. I only really thought it may work because these 2 potential members in Sarnia and Niagra wanted to meet. Again who thinks Spring Show and Shine is a better idea?

Will
dodgeariesguy

Postby Silverbeard » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:34 pm

It would not hurt to meet face to face first like this and toss ideas around for next year.
We are spread out which makes it difficult but if the weather is fair on the 31st, I would like to meet with whomever is available.
Martin
Image Image
Silverbeard
Car Fan

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Convertible, Mark Cross Edition, 2.6 L

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Hi Will. The greatest journey begins with the first step. I'd say a small meeting now is better than postponing until the future. I learned the hard way what procrastinating can do. Djvant has offered you
the use of his garage. I think that would be a great place for a meeting. Besides, if you cancel now, people will flake out like they did to me when I cancelled the repair meet. Of course, if there is a snowstorm, I would cancel. Just a thought. Yes, Spring would be better, but you have already committed to a meeting.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby dodgeariesguy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:34 pm

Alright, for the moment, if the offer still stands djvant (message me) will have us at his garage on the 31st (weather/unforseen circumstances permitting ). I am working with my employer to try to wriggle out of this 12-hour shift that has come up at the shop. I didn't know getting this new job would literally kill my social life! Again I'll keep you posted. I'll tell you how work goes while watching the weather reports. Hopefully this will go off without a hitch.
dodgeariesguy

Postby dodgeariesguy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:04 pm

Ok, umm, now what do I do when my parents are over cautious of me meeting people from the internet.
dodgeariesguy

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:08 am

Just don't give them your address. Many clubs are strict about personal information for good reason. I use an email and phone number approach as that is our only way to grow and survive. Its a small risk, but
then how do we get to know people and grow? I never publish publicly any member's address. I am carefull who I give out phone or email too and when someone gives me their address, I keep it confidential and use it for limited purposes only. Don't worry about it.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby djvant » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:49 am

It looks like I am just about in the middle of the locations you have mentioned.
Less than 2 hrs from Sarnia, 1.5 to the Falls, guelph is just down the road less than an hr. Elora just over.
That means that I will meet anywhere you want. But Look at the map. If I did it with the right info The mid point is Between Brantford and Woodstock. Paris is also between Brantford and woodstock. Looks like a nice fall colours drive if we plan it right. I will host the thing if you want.
djvant

Car Information: 1988 Aries Wagon,1986 lebaron Convertable,Etc.

PreviousNext

Return to K-Car Club Chapters