ELECTRONIC VOICE TURN ON/OFF LOCATION

Moderator: Webmaster

ELECTRONIC VOICE TURN ON/OFF LOCATION

Postby grey86conv » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:13 pm

I just resently bought a 1986 Lebaron and this might sound strange, but I'd like to know if it came with the electronic voice system and if so, where is the location in the car to turn it on. I have grandkids that would love to hear the talking car. I read that a switch should be somewhere inside or behind the glove box, but I've looked in both locations and have not been able to find any switches. Any help would be appreciated.
grey86conv

Car Information: 1986 Mark Cross convertible

Re: ELECTRONIC VOICE TURN ON/OFF LOCATION

Postby ARTTY » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:57 pm

Hi, grey '86 conv. San Diego member, ARTTY here. I worked for a few years at a Chrysler dealership here in Sun Diego, and we had lots of the "talking Mopars" in for routine service. Most of the techs hated them because they could'nt shut them up. I was told the switch was in the glove box, but it only changed the voice from male to female, respectively. Also, a tech showed me that by plugging a diagnostic code reader into the car and changing a few parameters, you could change the language from English to french to spanish. That dadgum switch should be there in the glovebox, though. Wish I could be of more help, maybe you have to plug yours into a code reader to monkey with the "voice box". Mopar to Ya!
ARTTY

Car Information: 1987 Plymouth Reliant four door, 2.2 S.F.I.

Postby Dodge Aries K » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:04 am

Chrysler didn't put the voice alert in the 85+ LeBaron K verts/sedans/wagons.
Dodge Aries K

Postby aussiewoody » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:47 am

And to add to that - not sure if everyone already knows - but I have a sales brochure for my '85 Dodge 600 convertible.
It lists that the EVA option is not available on the convertible and coupe.
It lists the EVA as an available option (but not standard equipment) on the Dodge 600 SE four door.

Just FYI

Gary
aussiewoody

Car Information: '84 LeBaron T&C 'vert, '85 Dodge 600 'vert

Return to K-Car Technicians