I need the large square clip between TB and wiring harness.

Moderator: Webmaster

I need the large square clip between TB and wiring harness.

Postby 89ARIES » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:19 pm

I may finally have an idea whats wrong with my car. Butch, and another mobile mechanic identified a bad connection between the end of the main wiring harness
where it connects into the throttle body assembly. When the mobile mechanic jiggled it, the engine cut out. At the moment, it is glued in place. Also, the wiring is partly exposed
at the plastic black square clip. Any idea where I can get one?
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: I need the large square clip between TB and wiring harne

Postby Pete in NH » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:39 pm

I'm not sure which one you need. The fuel injector connector has two wires, the Throttle Position Sensor has three and the air motor has four wires, which one do you think is the problem. I doubt Chrysler services these any more so your best bet may be the local pick a part junk yard. If you let me know what connector you need I'll try to look up the part number for you and see if Chrysler ever servicesd the part if you want to try a dealer search. If it's the fuel injector connector, the two wire one , I would try to grab both sides at the junk yard. Good Luck.
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:56 pm

89ARIES wrote: Any idea where I can get one?

I am also not sure what you are looking for. Maybe you can take a few photos identifying the part that you want. Are you looking for a specific connector?
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:16 pm

Thanks guys. Its the two wire one. I think I got it. I clipped it off of the only K-car
at Sun Valley Pic-a-Part. Sun Valley has sped up the destruction of cars and wiped out the used car lot with 70s cars by just crushing them all. They were only 18 Chryslers in the entire place. Very depressing. 8-)
89ARIES

Postby Pete in NH » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:46 pm

Okay, great. From the 1989 parts book, it appears that Chrysler did supply that connector as a spare part at one time under P/N 4274923.

Also, there is a small U shaped wire retaining clip that holds that connector when mated to the connector on the throttle body. Make sure thats in place so the connectors can not work loose from each other.
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:13 pm

Thank you Pete. Actually, all already grabbed a part from a junked 88, and it appears to work fine. But, thanks again for finding that out for us in case someone else has the same problem.
89ARIES

Return to Parts Locator