Need 86 Reliant black pass. side mirror

Moderator: Webmaster

Need 86 Reliant black pass. side mirror

Postby 1p3bp » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:44 pm

That's it. I'm looking for a black passenger side remote control mirror for a 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE Wagon. I've got a few in early models in the junkyards around here but none that came with pass. mirrors.
1p3bp

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE Wagon

Re: Need 86 Reliant black pass. side mirror

Postby Kwagon2 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:02 pm

I located an '86 or '87 Reliant sedan in a "private" yard about a month and a half ago and I bought the rear taillights for my '85, I'm heading back either later this week (Hopefully Saturday) or early next week for a few more bits from an '81 Aries that's there. Its an LE so there should be a passenger mirror. If the mirror is there and in good shape I'll snag it for ya. This guy is easy to deal with so it won't be a fortune, You will obviously have to cover the shipping to get it to you and I won't know that until I package it etc. If this is good for you let me know. I also came across an '85 Aries in another yard but I can't remember if it had a mirror or not but that's another yard I'm going to revisit soon I hope I convinced that guy to hold onto his group of K's for a while as he wants to "clean up" the yard :cry:
If either of these options does not work out I have also located a Dodge 600 Turbo and I think its the same mirror but its chrome would that be OK (thats in a third yard I've visited but its close by) . I go there often as he has Fifth avenue stuff so I pick at that....let me know
Kwagon2
Car Fan

Car Information: '82 Aries Wagon,'85 Reliant SE,'82 Reliant Wagon

Postby 1p3bp » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:06 pm

Yeah that would work. I don't think I would want a chrome one because it wouldn't look right. My reliant is factory black and I'm about to get it repainted original color. Let me know how much it is when you find out. I see there still is some new ones here and there from Chrysler but it's about $130.
1p3bp

Postby Kwagon2 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:24 pm

Got in touch with the yard owner so I'll be heading out there next Tuesday...soonest he'll be around
Kwagon2
Car Fan

Postby 1p3bp » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:29 pm

Yes definitely let me know what you find out. I've checked the salvage yards around here I know and there's nothing that work. One has an 81 Aries and an 85 Aries neither came with passenger mirrors. I tried to repair the mirror glass mounting screw posts on mine hoping it would hold up with JB Kwik but with the thread cutting screws it immediately ripped the repair mounting posts back apart. So my mirror is totally useless now. So I'm driving it without a mirror and now a hole where the mirror went. I don't know if it would fit and work the same but if you think a non-remote would mount and fit and that's all you can find let me know about that too. Whatever I can get back on that looks right will be fine.
1p3bp

Postby Kwagon2 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:47 pm

Hi
Day two of trying to get into the yard and got rained out both times ... stupid weather ...its about a 45 minute drive so I try to make the best of the day , still have my shopping list!...the cars aren't going anywhere as this guy will not crush out unless forced to and then it'll be a fight....I have to give the place a few days (providing the rain stops) to dry 'cause its pretty soggy working in there after a rain and to get what I need I've got to do some jacking. I honestly didn't think a non-remote style mirror was available...anyway if this '86 reliant has a passenger mirror I'll for sure snag it just gotta get there...stay tuned
Kwagon2
Car Fan

Postby 1p3bp » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:13 am

Yes let me know. There's only one yard left in my general area that I can think of that might have it but it might be a few weeks before I can even get out to even look to see if he has an Aries or Reliant. I'm hoping to have the car repainted and detailed by October for the Mopar night at Summit. I'll actually take it to a car show because I know it will be the only one there. There's nothing left to do on it. The paint job only needs a sanding and respray. It has no paint peel or damage anywhere. I only need to remove the roof rack so they can paint it good and get the headliner fixed or fabric replaced and see if I can replace the two front speakers. It runs and drives good and has new tires, brakes, and a/c. Just need a mirror.
1p3bp

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:06 pm

I assume by remote you mean the cable version not the electric version.

Try this used parts search engine. I think you will find one.

http://car-part.com/
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby 1p3bp » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:56 pm

I may have possibly found a replacement mirror using the link provided. I could not find one in my area. I had to order it from an out of state junkyard. So I have no idea if it's 100% right or how good it is. The guy I talked to said it's the black remote mirror and everything looks ok. It was off of a 1988 Dodge Aries so hopefully it will be ok. Mine is an 86 Reliant wagon.
1p3bp

Postby Kwagon2 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:57 pm

Well its good you found one as I'm still trying to get out to the yard I mentioned...it has rained the entire week , yesterday was the first good day and hopefully today... Next week looks good weather wise but its up to the yard owner too...when I get there and the mirrors are good I'll snag 'em anyway... I can use them for my '85 if needed but I'll let you know when I have them just in case your lead does not work out....
Kwagon2
Car Fan

Next

Return to Parts Locator