Looking for a few parts?

Go here to find your favorite cars and necessary parts. Here you can buy, sell, or trade!

Moderator: Webmaster

Looking for a few parts?

Postby Chad_M » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:51 am

Hi, now that's its getting cold here in PA, I'm trying to find a few parts for some of my cars over the winter. Both my 86 ans 87 lebaron could use a set of engine mounts, anyone know where to find good ones? I've always replaced the mounts with ones from the dealer but their not getting easy to find and I know a lot of the aftermarket ones are junk. Also looking for a set of seats for my 87 GTS, mine are in ruff shape.

Thanks;
Chad
1986 Chrysler LeBaron Mark Cross turbo coupe, 2.2 TI Auto
1987 Chrysler LeBaron GTS premium, 2.2 TI Auto
1988 Chrysler LeBaron premium convertible, 2.2 TI Auto
1989 Chrysler LeBaron GTC, 2.2 TII 5spd
1989 Dodge Daytona ES, 2.5 TI 5spd
Chad_M

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Lebaron 2.2 Turbo

Re: Looking for a few parts?

Postby capev86 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:35 pm

you could always get poly ones if you plan to keep the car. polybushings.com makes just about every engine and chassis bushing for K based and L based cars.

i put a brand new right side (front of engine) rubber mount on my 86 aries wagon years ago when i had to do frame repair after an accident. i will re-use that mount since that is where most of the engine vibration will be transmitted to the frame, but the front mount and trans end mount i picked up from polybushings.com and that will help tighten things up when i have my 2.5 turbo intercooled powerplant installed. i picked up all the chassis pieces awhile back for doing a chassis swap to later stuff and shelby pieces, except for the upper and lower rear coil spring pads that he hadn't made yet (will order them in the spring). when you consider the cost of factory mopar parts vs the increased durability and performance of the poly replacements for about the same price, the choice is pretty clear if you see your car as a project to invest in and not just a beater. many of the poly products he makes are made from softer grade material and very suitable for street going cars.

k cars never got the best pieces, but thanks to the parts bin engineering and comparability across the k car line (aries, shadow, daytona, spirit, dynasty, etc) it makes modifying our cars sooo easy and cheap too because they are overlooked by the import crowd so the demand is low. there is still a small following in the aftermarket community thanks to the popularity of the much sportier siblings like the shelby daytona.
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Re: Looking for a few parts?

Postby 88AriesLEwagon » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:46 pm

I replaced the belt end mount with an aftermarket Anchor Industries model,and the rubber was Wayyyy too hard.The engine vibration it set up in the body was unbelieveable.I re used the original,and now wont use anything but a good used one or NOS Mopar.Those Chinese replacements use crappy rubber that will deteriorate quickly.Ever use a Dorman/Motormite PCV elbow for the EFI 2.2/2.5s? They crack almost instantly.Junk rubber.
88AriesLEwagon

Return to For Third Party Sellers: Guests, Ebay, Craigslist, etc.