WANTED 1981-1984 reliant, aries hood and trunk lid

Go here to find your favorite cars and necessary parts. Here you can buy, sell, or trade!

Moderator: Webmaster

Re: WANTED 1981-1984 reliant, aries hood and trunk lid

Postby romankaminskiy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:15 pm

hey guys, please help me, i want full restored this car. i need to stock parts. if you drive in this car, You know it's super car.....
may somebody has complete heated/AC box with control vacuum tubes to sale??????????????? in my country all USA car it's junk, only millionthers has 100000$ muscle Camaro and Mustang in collection, other only kill it....HEY don't stay, I am only one in my country want complete restored this american car. thank to all, Roman
Plymouth Reliant SE 1983 2.2L AT
romankaminskiy

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant SE 1983 2.2L AT

Postby romankaminskiy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm

in family we has two cars - plymouth reliant and ford explorer 1995.... only USA cars!!!!!!!!!!!!
romankaminskiy

Postby 88AriesLEwagon » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:05 pm

Maybe if you save up,you could have a US located parts car shipped over?
Or an entirely good useable car,needing no such repairs......
Probably would cost a fortune though.
88AriesLEwagon

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:57 pm

Hello Roman:

Keep looking on ebay USA for new old stock dealer parts. I don't think there is too much new old stock sheet metal parts for K-cars left - probably most of it was scrapped, but ocassionaly something shows up.

The largest Chrysler Product car club in USA is the WPC Club. There are some parts links on its website. Also if you join the club I think you can put a parts wanted ad in their publication. See link below.
http://www.chryslerclub.org/

If you need general mechanical aftermarket parts to fix your K-car this website is good.
http://rockauto.com/

It might be more cost effective to look for and buy a very low mileage K car that is in like new condition and then ship it over rather than restoring your car. The original new old stock dealer parts for K-cars are getting scarce and many sellers who have them are starting to ask high prices.

Best Regards,
Ron

P.S. American Chrysler K-cars are good driving, reliable cars which are easy to work on, but since you live in the Ukraine did you ever consider a nice Czech Tatra 613 ( a little more power).
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby bixbygd » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:31 am

I saw a good hood for a car of that period in a junk yard in houston...just a few days ago. I'm not entirely sure if it's still there, but I could check. It was for a silver k-car. I almost took it myself, except then the engine in the car is was for blew a rod.
bixbygd

Car Information: 1985 Chrysler Lebaron Wagon (Town and Country)

Postby romankaminskiy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:32 am

K-CAR_WAGON wrote:Hello Roman:

Keep looking on ebay USA for new old stock dealer parts. I don't think there is too much new old stock sheet metal parts for K-cars left - probably most of it was scrapped, but ocassionaly something shows up.

The largest Chrysler Product car club in USA is the WPC Club. There are some parts links on its website. Also if you join the club I think you can put a parts wanted ad in their publication. See link below.
http://www.chryslerclub.org/

If you need general mechanical aftermarket parts to fix your K-car this website is good.
http://rockauto.com/

It might be more cost effective to look for and buy a very low mileage K car that is in like new condition and then ship it over rather than restoring your car. The original new old stock dealer parts for K-cars are getting scarce and many sellers who have them are starting to ask high prices.

Best Regards,
Ron

P.S. American Chrysler K-cars are good driving, reliable cars which are easy to work on, but since you live in the Ukraine did you ever consider a nice Czech Tatra 613 ( a little more power).

Hello Ron, thanks for answer...
Yes ebay - it's a great way to find parts..
and I want see http://www.chryslerclub.org/ to any info

about cost effective to look for and buy a very low mileage K car - YES it's good idea, but it not not work to Ukraine....
car ship to Ukraine approx 1500$ (sea conteiner + surface way) + Ukrainian taxes approx 8000$ or more (domestic cars producents preferential ).
and I 7 year owner this car. I invested to engine, trans, susp. and interior, exterior, body parts stock (collect to restoration) - more 4000$. I found this car in other town with frozen engine and died transmision. it stoped 5 year.
I love this car and want restore it.
thanks, Roman
P.S. I driving in german, japan, koreas cars - but love only USA cars
romankaminskiy

Postby romankaminskiy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:15 am

bixbygd wrote:I saw a good hood for a car of that period in a junk yard in houston...just a few days ago. I'm not entirely sure if it's still there, but I could check. It was for a silver k-car. I almost took it myself, except then the engine in the car is was for blew a rod.

hi bixbygd, thanks for proposition, but today I received answer from my partner from Omaha. He found new hood for me. But i still searching deck lid or place with deck lid+hood (want save in shipping cost)
thank, Roman
romankaminskiy

Postby 1of10K » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:19 pm

Welcome to the club! I have had many first generation K cars, but I know that NOS sheet metal is very difficult to find. Most of us here try to look for rust free used parts, which is easier to find at wrecking yards in the western US. Or if rust is the main problem with your car, you may be better off finding someone there who is skilled in auto body repair or maybe a skilled welder or metalworker who might be able to fabricate repairs on your existing parts. That may be more economical than getting large sheet metal parts and paying for shipping and custom fees to Ukraine.
1of10K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Reliant Spring Special Coupe

Postby romankaminskiy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:12 am

1of10K wrote:Welcome to the club! I have had many first generation K cars, but I know that NOS sheet metal is very difficult to find. Most of us here try to look for rust free used parts, which is easier to find at wrecking yards in the western US. Or if rust is the main problem with your car, you may be better off finding someone there who is skilled in auto body repair or maybe a skilled welder or metalworker who might be able to fabricate repairs on your existing parts. That may be more economical than getting large sheet metal parts and paying for shipping and custom fees to Ukraine.

hello, thanks for answer. Yes - rust free used parts, in wrecking yards in the western US. - it's good but only if you personal see it. to me it impossible and I not has any people who want make it. I try restored my car personal - mechanics, painted and welder, but new metal it's new metal. I restored few panels, but after few years go - You has new rust. Maybe someone know locate aftermarket body sheets panels? or very -very perfect used deck lid?
romankaminskiy

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Hello Roman:

I found this aftermarket trunk online.

http://www.iautobodyparts.com/ch1800104 ... tails.html

I am not the seller. I do not know the quality of the part or the reputation of the seller. As you know genuine new old stock mopar dealer parts are always the best - if you are willing to wait and keep searching. There is also a large Mopar only fleamarket in Pennsyslvania that I usually go to in the summer (July)- but that is a long way off. Some vendors have new old stock sheet metal - but I never looked for K-car panels - only fenders for my older Chrysler product cars. Used sheet metal parts in my part of the country are usually rusted because of the road salt.

Also, the number listed for the aftermarket part does not seem to match the numbers on your search list. I don't have my parts book at this location to check if it is really the correct part or not.

Best Regards,
Ron
(1983 Plymouth Reliant Wagon 2.2l engine- auto transmission)
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

PreviousNext

Return to For Third Party Sellers: Guests, Ebay, Craigslist, etc.