81 2 door k car for sale

Go here to find your favorite cars and necessary parts. Here you can buy, sell, or trade!

Moderator: Webmaster

81 2 door k car for sale

Postby gismoperk1 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:00 am

i am trying to find out what an 81 2 door aries with 40,000 miles and in mint shape would be worth or if anyone is interested in it
gismoperk1

Re: 81 2 door k car for sale

Postby 88AriesLEwagon » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:09 pm

Post a pic.
Thats the 1st year,and in good shape it could attract some serious attention.
88AriesLEwagon

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:47 pm

Price depends mostly on condition and then on options. The first year is more desirable for some collectors, but an 81 car is mechanically inferior in some ways to the later years. Also if it happens to have the 2.6 liter motor it is much less desireable to some people including myself. Manual tansmission is a plus. A/C is a plus.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby 88AriesLEwagon » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:37 pm

Personally,a later model (85-89 EFI) is a far better choice for a daily driver or 2nd car than a carbed 81-85.
There were so many changes adopted along the way,while some 88/89 pieces also fit Shadows,Spirits..etc,good luck finding some of the exclusive to 81,82,83,84 stuff.As a showpiece,or collector type car,the 81-84 is the most obvious way to go.It was these cars afterall that determined Chrysler's financial status 81-83 until the government payback was made.....and as such,these will always be in some demand and most likely to be preserved.
As much as I liked our 81Aries 2.2/4spd,graphic red coupe....the smoothness and starting ease of a TBI model,and the more "aerodynamic" contemporary(for the time) styling of the 2nd generation is my personal favorite.
("We made the best better....")
88AriesLEwagon

Return to For Third Party Sellers: Guests, Ebay, Craigslist, etc.