1984 New Yorker -CA Ebay No Reserve Ending Soon

Go here to find your favorite cars and necessary parts. Here you can buy, sell, or trade!

Moderator: Webmaster

1984 New Yorker -CA Ebay No Reserve Ending Soon

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:50 pm

See listing below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-Chr ... vi-content

Current bid price is essentially scrap value.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Re: 1984 New Yorker -CA Ebay No Reserve Ending Soon

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Wow! I just sent this seller an email an hour ago. This car is an hour from me. Of course, no response yet. This car
is a 27 year old classic and 84 New Yorkers are almost extinct now in SoCal. Really all early hardtop Ks are, except the mid to late 80s New Yorkers
I would consider "endangered" but still available. A lot of them in SoCal are in near mint condition.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:54 pm

It looks like this is being sold on behalf of a charity by an enitity which processes donated vehicles. Its just a number to them - I doubt you get a response. The buying process/pick up is also complicated (additional fees, restricted pick-up deadlines, etc.) making it unlikely to be sold to a buyer outside the local area (severly limiting the pool of potential buyers). Somebody in your area with some room who has a similar model should buy it. It's good at least for parts at the current bid price.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Here is a point blank question. When a donated car is over 25 years old, what
percentage of the populace even stops for a brain signal that says "Hey, this is over 25, it must be rare, and may be a collectible. Maybe I can get more money for it" Is it:

A. 50% Stop to think
B. 10% Stop to think
C. Nobody stops to think and all old cars should be destroyed as the current regime
of CARB would want Californians to think.

This is what irks me about sellers being downright rude and not even returning calls of real potential buyers, as some of my own club members can attest to. Pure stupidity and blatant disregard at its best.

On a bright side, I got a K-car wagon sold for $5500 from a leaving club member to a new club member. I even told the original owner I thought $5500 was a bit high, but that was what he wanted. So, as an impartial 3rd party, I let the seller and buyer negotiate and that car sold in ONE DAY after I posted the craigslist ad. It now belongs to our potential new member (I say potential cause he never showed up at the car event yesterday) from Santa Barbara. Would make me happy if this dude actually wanted to be a real member and came to Fall Fling with the wagon cause then Eds wagon would still be in the club. Will see what happens.
89ARIES

Postby MyDodgeDip » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:23 am

Just because something hits 25 years old doesn't make it an instant classic. People still ignore the late 70's RWD Mopars, forget about an 80's car. Most people dealing with them just see an old car to sell cheap. Most people buying them see the same thing.
MyDodgeDip

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:40 am

Well, the good news is they will drive up the prices sky high when if and when
they listen to that brain signal, they will say "Oops, we crushed them all. I can't find a pinto, duh?"
89ARIES

Return to For Third Party Sellers: Guests, Ebay, Craigslist, etc.