Saw a Ford Fairmont!

Post all your classic car finds here. Have a cell phone handy. Pics please.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Saw a Ford Fairmont!

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:51 am

Yeah! Fox bodies are about as rare as anything around here, but I saw an early 80s Ford Fairmont Sedan on the road today. It was a faded sky blue original. Hard to believe
the youngest Fairmont is only 26 years old!
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Saw a Ford Fairmont!

Postby 88 aries » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:47 am

Ah the fairdog's "if your considering a ford fairmont heres a better idea" "DODGE ARIES K"
88 aries

Re: Saw a Ford Fairmont! Watched a Zephyr slowly perish.

Postby chucky » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:00 am

88 aries wrote:Ah the fairdog's "if your considering a ford fairmont heres a better idea" "DODGE ARIES K"

This girl I once knew had a Mercury version (Zephyr) about 10 years ago. We originally looked at a $700 dollar VW Rabitt this person was selling that was a ugly sky blue color, and when we were leaving he mentioned that he had this car he inherited from a family member parked in the garage. It was a mint condition all original and fully loaded 1978 Zephyr in a sable brown color!

It had on 40K miles on it and we were impressed and the price was right, only $1500 dollars. We drove it around the block and bought it on the spot. Everything worked and it was nice and tight feeling like a new car. However within a few months just about everything started to go on it, and as soon as the interior was exposed to the hot Texas sun the seats started to shred and the clearcoat started to go. She still nursed that thing for around 3 years and 40K more miles after that but by the time she gave it to her poor Mother to use it was looking pretty beat.

Her Mother got into a minor wreck when someone hit the back of it in traffic and from then on after she collected $700 dollars insurance money then it sat in a shed until she sold it to some Hispanic people a couple of years later who lived nearby for $200 dollars!
1986 Chrysler Lebaron Turbo convertible Mark Cross edition.
1985 Chrysler New Yorker Turbo with the talking dash feature.
chucky

Car Information: 1986 Lebaron conv, 85 New Yorker. Both Turbo.

Postby 88AriesLEwagon » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:44 pm

I remember many,many years ago,seeing one of the rare Turbo 2.3 Fairmont/Zephyr cars at a K mart.What caught my eye was the hood with the bubble in it,and the TURBO nameplate.Cant remember if it was a regular 2dr or a Futura/Z7 or not,but it was in excellent shape.
88AriesLEwagon

Postby 88 aries » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:25 am

in lacrosse wisconsin, (where i go to school) someone has a turbo charged birdterd coupe. i laugh when isee it, i know chryslers 2.2 turbo could take it in a race.
88 aries

Return to Classic K-Car/other car spottings.