1981 K Decal

Post all your classic car finds here. Have a cell phone handy. Pics please.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

1981 K Decal

Postby 88AriesLEwagon » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:42 pm

Does anyone have an image of the 1981"K" window circle decal? I believe it was only applied to early 1981 model Ks.It was the red/white/blue K with "Front wheel drive" lettering circled around it.
Also,heaven forbid,does anyone have a shot of the "1981 Motor Trend Car of The Year" window decal that was affixed to a limited number of K's? Usually it was applied across the bottom of the back window (it was white lettering and spread across the whole back window).This was of course before the deck mounted 3rd brake light it would have partially blocked.
One trivia note:The horrid Renault Alliance also had the Motor Trend banner stuck in back windows on limited number of cars.
88AriesLEwagon

Re: 1981 K Decal

Postby dodgeariesguy » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:58 pm

You mean this sticker that I plan to affix to my '87? Its a really cool sticker.
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Re: 1981 K Decal

Postby 88AriesLEwagon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:08 am

Yea,sorta.But I remember the original having US flag type color layout like the club banner atop this page.The "Front wheel drive" lettering was smaller as well.
We had a 1981 Custom 2-door Aries 2.2/manual in Graphic red,back in the day,that had that round decal in the drivers rear opera window.That was a nice car,however it had a shift fork pin come loose and got launched thru the front of the trans case ($900 to repair),and the factory leaded seam at the A-pillars heaved up and rusted underneath.It was an early build car....October 1980.
88AriesLEwagon

Return to Classic K-Car/other car spottings.