Los Alamitos, Ca. The last goldmine of K-cars in California.

Post all your classic car finds here. Have a cell phone handy. Pics please.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Los Alamitos, Ca. The last goldmine of K-cars in California.

Postby 89ARIES » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:10 am

In all seriousness, I get so excited when I go to Los Alamitos, California. There are definitely double the amount of living 1980s cars on the roads here among the military folk and senior citizens. Probably almost
as many as in your neck of the woods. Even seen some 1st gen Ks here. Its like you just went back 10 years. Some of the 80s I saw today were so nearly perfect that they looked brand new. I even saw a new K-car here and there is a rare black 85 Mistubishi LeBaron Sedan I targeted and found near the base. Here is what I saw driving around today. Note these are living everyday cars with renewed tags:

1. 1986-1988 Dodge 600 Sedan. Blue and it looked absolutely perfect. Paint was glossy and shiny.
2. 1986 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Sedan. Red and it was original and almost perfect.
3. 1983 Buick Skylark 4dr Sedan. Parked and blue. I know it ran.
4. A 1970s Cadillac Sedan de Ville Limousine driving in the rain.
5. An immaculate 80s Ford Crown Victoria sedan.

I know there are a ton of K-cars hiding around here. I just wish I knew of a way to target them. I was so surprised when m staff sargeant told me that just last year at the county courthouse, he spotted
THREE LIVING 1980S K-CARS, in the same parking lot, all owned by senior citizens, with some body wear, but hey, these cars are antique status now. Unless CFC gets into high gear, I think we have a chance
to salvage the K-car through this general vicinity as the old people are doing their bit to save automotive history. I also must tell you there are even 40s cars around here. Not to be prejudice, and no offense intended, but if it wasn't for old people, there would almost no rare finds. Most young people today care nothing about history, much less their speedy appliance (car). 8)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Los Alamitos, Ca. The last goldmine of K-cars in California.

Postby thomast1958 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:38 pm

I just signed up last week,3222010.
I cant figure out how to getin to anything!!
I have a1983 k car, Reliant SE, slant 4, 2 dr, part vinyl top.
Just had painted, how do I post a picture?
I need help getting started on here.

Best Regards to all,also, need to know how to troubleshoot temperature control, stuck on defrost..
Thanks,
Phil t
thomast1958

Car Information: 1983 Plymouth Reliant,slant 4, 2 dr, vinyl top

Re: Los Alamitos, Ca. The last goldmine of K-cars in California.

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:52 am

Hi there, welcome to the club. I see your post. Not sure what trouble you are having. If you email me the photos at aries89@chryslerkcar.com, I can upload them for you. Best regards. 8)

CKCC President and founder
Guy V.Coulombe
818-219-2587
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to Classic K-Car/other car spottings.