The most unsual invasion of 80s X bodies period in 2010.

Post all your classic car finds here. Have a cell phone handy. Pics please.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

The most unsual invasion of 80s X bodies period in 2010.

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:15 am

Very unusual and funny story. I suddenly saw tons of living 27-30 year old 80s X bodies driving around. No joke. 80s GM X bodies are still
available here in So. Cal. Here is what happened to me that made me stare in disbelief:

Last Saturday at drill: Saw a green 1982 Buick Skylark 4dr Sedan parked near military base.
Wednesday: Saw a white 80s Citation 4dr Hatchback coming the other way. Then, saw a green 1981 Buick Skylark appear twice. Driving
by me in the opposite direction and then by my office at 3PM.
Today: Aaaasccckkkkk!. Saw 4 1980s Buick Skylarks all driving alive like it was really the year 1984. First, on my way to work, saw that green 80s Buick Skylark again passing me in the opposite direction. Then, when I went home during the afternoon to pick up my brother, saw an orangish great shape 81 Skylark Sedan getting off the freeway and driving alongside me. Then, when I went to HS Salt Fish and Chips, saw a gray 81 Skylark sedan pass by. Then, I saw a beautiful 80s Mercury Grand Marquis painted as an American Flag drive by. Finally, when I got to the post office, saw an indentical 1980 Buick Skylark except it had a white vinyl roof, was in excellent shape, and had a family in it.

I love the Citations, I love the Skylarks, I love the Omegas, I love the Phoenix's.......Don't condemn me for talking GM, but despite the bad brakes and quality issues on these things, the Skylarks remain all over LA (not easy to find, but still findable), and the old people think of the same as safe little tanks. Not to badmouth the K, but our cars can't survive big impacts. These little curved boxes get hit at 35mph, and they are
still driveable. A Skylark Coupe near my house was hit at 35, and only the bumper was bent down. An Olds Omega at my old school still lives having been hit behind twice at 35. These cars are practically indestructable and I hear extremely reliable with the iron duke 2.5 engine.

X body, X body, X body...... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... kylark.jpg
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to Classic K-Car/other car spottings.