Found an 84 Dodge 600 Sedan

Post all your classic car finds here. Have a cell phone handy. Pics please.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Found an 84 Dodge 600 Sedan

Postby Baron » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:46 am

Happened to be driving down a street I don't get down too often and spied an 84 Dodge 600 in an apartment complex parking lot that looked like it had just been left there and abandoned- last registration on the car is for 2000. The body appears straight, although there is some paint peeling due to being exposed to the weather for so long, the upholstery looks good, although that could be deceiving, as again,after that much time the fabric could have all rotted in place (in fact, the dash is a total cracked loss from the sun). But I did leave a note on it, saying if they were interested in getting rid of it to give me a call- I might be interested. Don't know if or what can be saved after 10 years in the weather, but am hoping I hear from someone and find out what my chances might be.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Re: Found an 84 Dodge 600 Sedan

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:51 pm

Heck they might just let you tow it away!!

might be worth checking with the Apartment complex manager to see if it belongs to anyone or who it belongs to???

It might be just abandoned!!
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:04 pm

Good work Baron. People don't realize that in the last few years alone, the 1984 Dodge 600 sedan just became almost extinct. I only found ONE last year. Someone needs
to save this. There are probably only about 700 of these left in the USA. So far, mostly the New Yorkers, limos, and convertibles are getting saved. We need to save this oddball Ks. 8)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby Baron » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:01 pm

That's what I'm hoping- that they'll just let me tow it away. In reality, that's about all its worth in its present state, considering I'd have to have it towed about 10 miles.
Unfortunately, the apartment complex is so small, there is no in-house manager, which means it may be difficult to get any answers, permissions, etc. But figured it was worth a try.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Return to Classic K-Car/other car spottings.