1986-1988 Plymouth Caravelle at Ralphs.

Post all your classic car finds here. Have a cell phone handy. Pics please.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

1986-1988 Plymouth Caravelle at Ralphs.

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:11 pm

Didn't know a white Caravelle existed near my home. I was at Ralphs Supermarket yesterday when I see a parked white Caravelle. Of course I immediately grabbed a flier, but resisted the urge to use the camera as I didn't want to appear to be spying. I walk up to the car, and there are two kids in it without an adult. I handed the kid a flier and suddenly I see the mother and two other kids coming out of the market. They looked at me like "what the heck is this person doing". I told her the car was a classic. She looked at me like" yeah right, this pos". The car was in decent shape except for front fender damage. I have a feeling they were poor and felt I was insulting them when I was really complimenting them. This is the 2nd time in a year I actually saw a family using an 80s K-car as daily transportation. The last time was a very nice Dodge 600 sedan with a whole family in it on the freeway. Even rarer, last year I saw an 80s LeBaron GTS 4dr Hatchback with a young woman driver and a baby in the backseat. Who would have thought there could be any surviving 80s cars as family cars. After all, the mentality here is "That car is too old and unsafe for a family because its over 20." A car is as reliable as its maintenance. Duh. Also, we don't have a real rust problem. This therefore really does not give Californians an excuse to turn down well maintained 20 year old cars simply because of age. (my humble opinion).
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to Classic K-Car/other car spottings.